Recent content by luvcats

  1. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    I apologize for disappearing. The fact that my leg continues to hurt, not from the joint replacement, but from the debridement and seroma, made me so surly and cantankerous I put myself in time out. I spent November knitting and baking holiday cookies and giving thanks that my wound care nurse...
  2. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    Thanks @Layla. I'm not where I wanted to be at 3 months, but I did have that reset after a month in a lot of ways. Halloween was fun but exhausting. On the up-side, it pushed me to do a lot more than I thought I could. I was sore, but I've dramatically improved my ability to stand up straight...
  3. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    How we take crazy Halloween back to hips @Layla is to say again how excited I am to be able to walk down the street (slowly, with a cane) and admire my neighbors decorations and participate in the community atmosphere. This is our 3rd Halloween here, but the first I'll be able to walk the street...
  4. luvcats

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Isn't that nuts? Your body will slowly adapt to just about anything, no matter how bad an idea! Now that I can bend more, I often feel something in my back or a foot pop back into a more optimal place. It feels so good when it does!
  5. luvcats

    THR 6 weeks and not going too well

    Having a diagnosis is always a relief, even if it isn't great news. Bursitis was an injection for me, but I'd hope they'll do some more imaging to decide which it is before they try to treat things. I hope you continue to improve.
  6. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    This year will be interesting. Actual trick-or-treating will be on the 31. We will get around 4000 people between kids and their attendant adults. That is not a typo. I have 50 lbs of candy in my dining room. (I got a really good sale!) Everyone who participates sets up in the driveway for...
  7. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    Monday was the latest follow up with my surgeon. We're both happy with the progress. He will keep me as an active patient until the wound is sealed and I feel fully into recovery. I see him again in December and I'm confident that should be it. He gave me a script for home PT for both my hip...
  8. luvcats

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    I'm so glad you won the PT fight!!! You've been here and done this, you have a full set of info on how your body is going to react to things. I am so eager to be able to get back to the chiropractor. With my current hip situation, I can't get on the table, but soon...
  9. luvcats

    THR Started recovery ok, but now in Late October...

    I think @Layla has a great idea. Let them all watch a hip replacement. They basically chopped your leg off, then stuck it back on with new parts. The trauma to the tendons and ligaments is immense. Please see if you can get in with a sports medicine or trauma doctor. I'm not a medical...
  10. luvcats

    THR Leg length discrepancy after THR / Physio & exercise in general

    You know, my surgeon flat told me they don't even send hip patients to PT as a general rule here. He didn't think I needed to do any of the hospital recommended exercises either. I'll be going to PT soon, after my new hips both feel up to it, to learn to walk properly again. But I think walking...
  11. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    Another milestone. Yesterday I was able to roll out 2 pie crusts. Standing at the counter. I did rest between them, but it's still a big deal. I have a bunch of home made pie crust in the freezer that is much older than the recommended 6 months. I pulled some out to see if it was useable or not...
  12. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    Lol. My actual anniversary was while I was in the hospital for the hematoma. Not what I planned for our 25th! Fortunately we'd done our real celebrating early with a cruise to see the eclipse back in April. It was a very nice day out. It's really too bad I can't post the incredible fresh smell...
  13. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    Woohoo! My brains are returning slowly. I have missed them terribly! Today I sorted and filed or tossed a giant pile of paperwork and mail that had accumulated, honestly partly since May. lol It was all piled on my desk gathering dust. So Much Dust. Monday my home care nurse came to do the...
  14. luvcats

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    I'm so sorry it's a terrible day. It's so hard to keep your spirits up when healing is so very slow and painful. :kitty: There is no hug emoji, so have a biscuit kitten.
  15. luvcats

    THR Cats land on their feet

    Woohoo! Tuesday I was feeling puny due to my flu shot, but Wednesday I had a friend visit, and after she left, I still had something that felt like energy! So I tidied some things in my bedroom that were out of control, and then I put away half of the...stuff that had accumulated on the dining...
Back
Top Bottom