Recent content by Lusknewknees

  1. Lusknewknees

    TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

    My first time on stairs was pretty much around my first time on the cane, at about 1.5 weeks PO. That, combined with trying to walk with only the cane ended up giving terrible shin pain (worse that the surgical pain, which was virtually non-existent up to that point) and sidelined me almost 4...
  2. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    A couple of happy moments from this past week: my first ride on the recumbent, first revolution without pain, rode it for 10 minutes. Second photo taken yesterday after staples were removed and replaced with steri strips. It's been a good week overall as I celebrated 2 weeks PO
  3. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    I had a great PT session today, nothing hurt. This is a great therapist I've had assigned to me. Took my meds in advance of the session. Did some stretching, rode recumbent for 10 minutes, did some easy leg presses, squats, and climbed one step. She gave me gentle massage, rolled my IT band, and...
  4. Lusknewknees

    TKR Jane B.'s New Knee

    That would be cool! I'll keep in mind and let you know when I'm going to be in the area. Probably some time next year.
  5. Lusknewknees

    TKR Jane B.'s New Knee

    Jane , how cool that you were able to travel (albeit with the challenges). You're a braver soul than I. I have to travel for business periodically, but my only expected trip is not until April, so I hope I will be a lot further along by then. How far out were you when you flew to Florida? BTW...
  6. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    Thanks, @Jamie and @Jane B. Today was a welcome breakthrough after almost 4 days of agonizing pain anytime I tried to put weight on my operated leg. I'm not out of the woods yet by any means, but there is a noticeable difference and I shan't take this lesson for granted. The PT was super...
  7. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    My, how things changed. Started Outpatient PT today. She used a rolling pin-like thing and helped the IT band related pain immensely. Was able to walk on shin with less pain. Still not recovered but much better Then we tried recumbent bike next. Expected I wouldn't be able to turn a full...
  8. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    I have started to flip flop the dosage and see if it works with the shin pain. Will start today. , @Jamie primary care Dr is of the school of thought that max acetaminophen dosage should be well below 4000 mg per day due to risk of liver damage. I also take atorvastatin under her watch so...
  9. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    @Jamie my PCP gave me the double dosage of the hydrocodone portion of the Norco to prevent me from over medicating with back up tylenol and overdosing that I was doing when I couldn't get adequate prescriptions. -sheprefers total acetaminophen dosage closer to 2000 mg than the published...
  10. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    @ConnieJOS , thanks, I hope you are right! This setback took me by surprise since I was so compliant with a very gentle PT, drs orders and bonesmart mantras. I'm concerned there is something more sinister happening but I want to be wrong! Gerdys turbucle is then place where the IT band is...
  11. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    @Celle, I have done all those things, no formal exercise ,except to walk < 100 feet only to and from restroom and back. Leg elevated fully iced with cryocuff and gel packs most of the day. Meds are adequately controlling chronic and breakthrough pain. 1 x Norco 10/325 every four hours during...
  12. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    Good idea, @Jane B. @Josephine, would you be able to review my thread starting at post #53 on 10/30 (Thursday )forward and provide insight please? I've included proactive notes in those posts that I believe address your regular slate of questions. I've also updated medication and activity...
  13. Lusknewknees

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    @tmwilla, sorry to hear about the swelling and calf pain. I'd definitely consult with your OS. Especially due to the swelling. Were you checked for blood clots? I had calf pain (still do at day 12) but an ultrasound in hospital piece to discharge revealed no clots but a bakers cyst. The bakers...
  14. Lusknewknees

    TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

    Whiny time. What a tough three days it's been. A week ago today, I was so pumped and excited about my progress at day5. I was walking a few times daily around my cul de sac, and I had virtually no pain. Fast forward to day 12, and I'm lying here afraid to get up and use the restroom because the...
Back
Top Bottom