TKR The Journey on the Other Side Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a great PT session today, nothing hurt. This is a great therapist I've had assigned to me. Took my meds in advance of the session. Did some stretching, rode recumbent for 10 minutes, did some easy leg presses, squats, and climbed one step. She gave me gentle massage, rolled my IT band, and did some pain free manipulation. Went next door and met with surgeon for 2-week post op visit. Dr extremely pleased with progress, and told me that the IT band will require some work. I feel a whole lot better than I did last week when the problem started, but it won't be great for a while. Staples removed ( a few stings!) and steri strips applied. Came home, had some delicious soup and a sandwich, popped my pill, now icing, resting and ready for a nap. So happy. Released to start work next week (from home, at my laptop, which will be on my lap while leg is elevated and icing). I think it's noteworthy to share with my bonesmart pals that my ROM has improved consistently over the past week, despite the ODIC pain in my shin and calf. I am in a range of 106-110 and there has been NO pushing by the PT or myself. Only gentle heel slides and a few additional stretching exercises for the surrounding muscles. The mantras DO work, friends! My only pain has been weight bearing in shin and calf and that is improving daily, too. Very little residual pain after my PT sessions. MY PT also finishes each session with muscle stim and a compression icing sleeve over my leg that is heaven. Getting better every day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of happy moments from this past week: my first ride on the recumbent, first revolution without pain, rode it for 10 minutes. Second photo taken yesterday after staples were removed and replaced with steri strips. It's been a good week overall as I celebrated 2 weeks PO
[Bonesmart.org] The Journey on the Other Side Begins
[Bonesmart.org] The Journey on the Other Side Begins
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom