Recent content by Lumpyloo2

  1. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Hi all, it’s been a while since I posted as things had been progressing nicely. I’m now 9 months post-op but about 2 weeks ago, maybe slightly longer, I noticed that when I try to stand after bending down my hip gets stuck/catches and I have to wiggle about to release it so I can stand up...
  2. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Just caught up with your thread. Wow! It amazes me why some organisations find it difficult to respond to queries such as this. You are obviously keen to return to work albeit with adjustments, for the benefit or both your uni and yourself, and have suggested a workable solution. It really does...
  3. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Hi @SurreyGirl it's in the East Neuk of Fife on the east coast of Scotland. I am very lucky to live so close to 4 amazing tidal pools. Not sure I could have returned at 8 weeks but I appreciate we all have our own recovery paths and our employment and personal circumstances differ. I am now...
  4. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Back in the water for the first time today. Just out of sight is the most amazing tidal pool which was perfect for a rehab swim. Happy place :) @SurreyGirl as another water baby I thought you might like this :)
  5. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Okay, so return to work wk 1 went well (as above), but I am really struggling this week. My Monday was about the same as last week but yesterday was quite a bit longer (4hrs last week, 7 hrs yesterday) and I spent the evening in bed almost from the moment I got home. I did get up for my...
  6. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Hi @Esmeralda, phased return is usually over 4 weeks but the schools in my area come off for the October break in 2 weeks time which means I will have been phasing back for 3 weeks by the time we come off. As I was signed off over the 6 weeks of the summer holidays I've also got some leave to...
  7. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Return to work update I have enjoyed being back in work this week and apart from Monday which was a long day (I knew it was going to be), I was really strict with my time and only worked for 3-4 hrs per day. I was more tired than I expected by mid-week but rallied again by Friday. I probably...
  8. L

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    Hi @Clairebella, listen to your body and rest up today. Lots of ice and elevation. Hope your feeling less sore soon x
  9. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Me too! I have consistently walked a couple of times a day once I was a few weeks post-op. I really appreciate the time to listen to a good book and concentrate on my posture, while watching my dog lollop about the fields. I also met lots of people on these walks which was great company once...
  10. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    I totally agree. I had a sports massage recently and my therapist mentioned that their other hip replacement clients were off their crutches by 2 weeks and they suggested that maybe I was being a bit 'over-protective' of my hip. I chose to disregard the comment as I know my own body and while I...
  11. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    Thanks @Jaycey and it is definitely advice I have followed since my op. I guess I was thinking more about the apparent lack of strength in my right glute. I checked with my surgeon today about returning to pilates at the end of the month and he thought that would be ok. My Pilates class is...
  12. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    So surgeon says: physio's will say don't do it but there are no restrictions so maybe do breast stroke arms with crawl kick - clear as mud! To be honest, I much prefer front crawl in a pool but breast-stroke comes in handy when swimming outside in the winter when it is too cold to put your face...
  13. L

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    @Clairebella @SurreyGirl so I am back from my first and only post-op review with the following info re crutches. Surgeon seemed happy that I take my crutch with me on longer walks as it helps me 'level-up' my walking. However, he said I should concentrate on walking slower and with greater...
  14. L

    THR Clairebella’s recovery journey

    @Clairebella I am 52. I had right hip arthroscopy when I was 38 involving labral debridement and osteoplasty to the head and neck junction. There was also substantial articular cartilage damage to the femur and acetabulum. The mechanics in my right leg were further impacted by a tibial plateau...
  15. L

    THR Right THR 12th June. Mobility question

    @Esmeralda thanks for your reply. I'm pretty sure I didn't venture outwith the house and garden for the first couple of weeks and then only in the company of my husband and literally for only a few 100 metres. I also used my walking aids to ensure I was nice and stable. I am quite stubborn and...
Back
Top Bottom