Recent content by Lu.winslow

  1. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    Hi Everyone, have not posted in a long time! I can not believe what a difference a month makes! I started driving at week 5, it was easy since I was down to little or no pain med's, and only had minor discomfort. My husband had to go back to work and it was time for outside PT, so I needed to...
  2. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR 1 year check-in

    I had my BKTR July 16, I had a miserable first 14 days,I did not get up out of bed for 5 days, then went to rehab for 9 more days. Meds made me so sick I either slept or threw up! The pain was little to none after 6 days. I have been blessed with discomfort only, every day gets better and I...
  3. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    My arthritis was also so bad that for the last few years I waddled, so like you and ljrfrm, I have the hardest time walking , it's like I have to concentrate on heel toe, heel toe. I am so glad they got you in so quickly! You have enough to worry about! I just got a cane yesterday, and I was...
  4. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR It's finally time!!

    ljrfrm you are doing amazing! At one week I was no where close to what you are doing! I will hit 1 month tomorrow, everyday gets better! I can't imagine doing the stairs, I still have not done any! I spent 5 days in hospital, and 9 days in rehab. My sanity has been reading other people posts and...
  5. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR Progressing ....

    Mommacarter, all my other issues resolved. I read all the posts and am thankful for no real pain. The allergic reaction left some serious burn like skin all the way around, it's been almost 3 weeks and just started getting lighter. I just started get some major twinges in both knee's, I am...
  6. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR Progressing ....

    Mommacarter you are a couple of days before me, just like you I want that magic pill! Are you still using a walker? Just wanted to compare progress, my PT said I was at 100 on both knees, and a 3 on the extension, I think he called it!
  7. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    Few days shy of a month, still feeling good! Little or no pain, still taking 1 Norco after breakfast, before 2 hours on cpm and finish with stretches. By then it's lunch, and start all over again, machine 2 hours , stretches finish with 2 more hours on machine. 6 hours on machine seems a lot...
  8. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR Crow22 Recovery Diary

    Best of luck to you! Will be thinking of you! I am 2 weeks ahead of you, and doing better everyday!
  9. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    Thank you, I can so live without the emotional thing! Your Dr used clips? Wow I have the glue and steri strips, and I can bend how ever much I can! Which seams like nothing! I started getting the Cpm machine to 100, but it still feels sooo tight! Are you still really tired? I just feel so drained!
  10. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    Day 16 and finally at home! Got home on Wednesday, after a major set back! Last Saturday the wound care nurse wanted me to take of my bandage. So we took it off, after my 2 hours on the CPM machine we noticed some wet spots and decided to put back om the covering, the surgeon used steri strips...
  11. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR LauraLeigh's NEW knees!

    Your two months into this, were you sleepy all the time? I find I am just so tired! Do you think the massage is helpful? My sister is a massage therapist and wanted to give my legs a massage, and then light therapy on my knees. It is so wonderfull to be able to see your progress and follow you...
  12. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    Best of luck to you, don't overdo! Looking forward to your updates!
  13. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    Wow, waiting 5 days, it's probley not such a stress on the body, best of luck to you! Are you going to rehab? That is really helping me
  14. Lu.winslow

    TKR I Have a New Knee

    Welcome to the other side! I noticed your A Quilter! That is one of the things I had to give up last year, the pain and exhaustion took over my life! I hope your feeling better? And you had your grandkids over for a visit! Everything seems brighter after my guys leave! We have a lot in common...
  15. Lu.winslow

    Bilateral TKR I am on the "other side"

    Day 10 Bilateral TKR , had a meeting with my rehab dr's, said progress is great! But they want me to stay thru the first! That's almost 2 weeks counting hospital! I still feel really weak! I now walk 20 feet back and forth to the bathroom, and of course I have a baby bladder, so that's at least...
Back
Top Bottom