Recent content by LoyalD

  1. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    Greetings all. I am over a year out from my THR, Posterior, left hip. I continue to have pain with every step. I have been sent to yet another Orthopedist who has ordered yet another Xray. As I am not scheduled to actually see the Orthopedist until next Thursday, I am wondering if anyone can...
  2. LoyalD

    THR Exercise Freak Bites the Dust..redux

    @Beachmusic, sounds like you are doing well. I still have significant pain, so yet another doctor appointment this afternoon. I have been on Gabapentin for what might be nerve pain, but all it seems to do is make me sleep better. Largely the pain seems to stem from being unable to open my left...
  3. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    Mine was Dr. Mashhof out of Talbert Medical Group. Surgery itself was fine and the implant is fine too, with plenty of X-rays since the original surgery. That being said, my OS is not receptive to anything not mechanical, meaning soft tissue issues, he basically says he sees nothing. Saw my GP...
  4. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    \ I went and found the above pain graph in another posting of Josephine's. The pain I describe is at L1BA, immediately under my incision site, and runs all the way down the L1BA column to my mid thigh. Periodically I get shooting pains in my groin, starting at L1B heading south to my pubic area.
  5. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    @Josephine , thank you for the questions you posed and taking the time to do so. I believe, after reading your opinion, you are spot-on. Disclaimer: You will recall I had my surgery on June 25th, and went back to my office job with a cane, five weeks later, part-time, then at Week 7...
  6. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    Greetings one year out. I have had a lot of difficulties since my hip surgery close to a year ago, primarily related to mobility. Two months ago, I had a Vein Ablation on the same leg, uncertain how much that was related to hip surgery. I have not been able to straighten my operated leg from...
  7. LoyalD

    THR RTHR

    @rbtaylor14, I had delibating thigh pain too, mostly in the IT area, but it passed. I see your surgery was two weeks after mine. I, too, feel as thought I am having more pain that I should. I am still very much on the cane. I don't have nearly the early problems that you had, but want you to...
  8. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    @beachgal, we have definitely heard of Cruisin the Coast; it runs along Beach Boulevard? Thanks for the response on your use, or really the lack thereof, of your cane. I am still very much limping along; my entire hip area seems wound-up in stiffness, and by touch, I can see how firm all of...
  9. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    Checking in at the Three Month mark. Circling back on my last post, no pain per see in the hip, just stiffness upon waking and when I sit too long, watching television or at my desk. My biggest issue continues to be the swelling in the operative leg ankle, and associated pain. The pain...
  10. LoyalD

    THR Recovery Questions

    I am three months post-op and got on Bonesmart today to see who is still using a cane this far after surgery. I continue to have severe pain in my left ankle, same leg as my operation. I have significant swelling by the end of the day in that ankle, and the veins in it are very evident, like...
  11. LoyalD

    THR Back pain

    I sympathize with the back pain you are having post-op; mine was shin and ankle pain. I attribute the "new pain locations" to relearning how to walk, and I learned that here on Bonesmart.
  12. LoyalD

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    Hey gals, just checking in, at three months postop. I continue to be super stiff, and any walk longer than a mile sets me back. We walked the Barrett Jackson Car Auction in Vegas on Friday, and I thought I could do it without my cane....umm, wrong. Where are people on using their cane? My...
  13. LoyalD

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    Hey all, checking in at the 12 week mark, and indeed, 12 weeks is a milestone. My hip itself is without the previous pain; there is new pain of course, related to the surgery, but over the course of the last 12 weeks, has steadily reduced. Okay, I will say it, I am glad I had the...
  14. LoyalD

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    Hey gal, just checking in, as I am officially at the 12 week mark. I will post an update on my recovery blog.
  15. LoyalD

    Day 1 of a new lease on life

    Agreed, ask the nursing staff NOW what their policy is on pain medication timing, specifically do you have to ask or do they bring it automatically. I found out the hard way at Day 2.5 that you have to ask, with plenty of notice each time you want any. I recommend every four hours this early...
Back
Top Bottom