Recent content by lori107

  1. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Hi All, I haven't posted on here for a while but I wanted to get some advice if possible. I am 7 and a half months post op now and have been getting on with life. I have thrown myself back into my social life, joined a choir, and will be singing a solo in our debut concert in a few weeks time...
  2. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Well, I've managed to come down 10mg out of 40mg so far. That is by cutting 2nd and 3rd doses in half. This seems to be about as low as I can get at the moment and I am concerned that I am still finding the pain really grim after standing or walking on it for too long. I am 13 weeks post op, due...
  3. lori107

    TKR Ollie's Adventure

    @Ollie, welcome, I have been reading your posts. I am 13 weeks post op, due for my 12 week check up tomorrow and boy! Is it a long road!! I thought I was well prepared for surgery as I have had many ops including a double fusion but nothing prepared me for this, except maybe this forum in a...
  4. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    I am having the most awful trouble reducing the oxynorm. It is giving me horrendous anxiety attacks when I try to come down a dose. On Monday I wanted a dog, about 6 months old, my hubby took a bit of persuading but agreed. On Tuedsdayi had knocked 10mg off my 40mg dose, was OK to begin with...
  5. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    I am in turmoil. I really don't know if I am going mad. We had family over yesterday for a BBQ for Fathers day and although it was a nice day I was exhausted by the time they had gone home. This made me think last night that I wasn't fit enough yet to get a dog. However this morning I was awake...
  6. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Hi all, thanks for your help. I have been given information about a 6 month old Bichon Frise pup who is house trained and the owners are looking for a new home for him as their work comittments are not allowing them to give him enough time. I am almost 12 weeks post op now and itching to get on...
  7. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    I'm now 11weeks post op and things are improving. I am walking every day but still using my stick. I definitely limp if I don't use it. I am back on the full dose of oxynorm again and feeling much better. I did majorly overdo it a few days ago and boy! Did I pay for it. I had pain radiating from...
  8. lori107

    TKR When does the PAIN stop???

    @jawndo, I'm 10 weeks post op now and am only just starting to feel half human again. This op has been the hardest surgery I have ever been through. I spent the first 4 weeks not doing much at all but I'm still taking oxynorm 4 times a day to keep the pain under control. You must listen to the...
  9. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Thank you so much everyone for your replies. Thanks @skigirl for renaming my thread. I took a diazi last night and it knocked me out completely. I didn't even hear the doorbell ring this morning. I've gone back to 4 oxys a day again and I may ask my go for some 5mg tablets so I can come down...
  10. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Sorry for the really long post.
  11. lori107

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Hi, first of all can either @Jamie or one of the other moderators please change the name of this thread to 'the rollercoaster of emotions continues' or something like that. OK, I need some advice. Have had a serious meltdown the past couple of days, going into anxiety and panic mode. I am 9...
  12. lori107

    TKR When does the PAIN stop???

    Hi @jawndo, just wondering how things are? Hope you have got the pain under control now. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  13. lori107

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    That's impressive @Mai5ie, way to go. I went for a walk again today. Can't drive at the moment but my daughter took me out. Was out for about 40 minutes, including the walk and that was enough for me. Almost fell asleep when I got home. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  14. lori107

    TKR When does the PAIN stop???

    Hi @jawndo, I am so sorry to hear you are suffering so much. I am 8 weeks post op today, and boy! Has it been a long 8 weeks. I have had many major surgeries and this is is definitely up there with the most painful. Keep posting on this fabulous forum and listen only, mostly to your new be...
  15. lori107

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    Hi @Mai5ie, we've enjoyed the nice weather here today, so lovely to have a bit of sunshine isn't it. I've been sitting in the conservatory this afternoon reading and falling asleep. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Xx Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom