Recent content by Lore O

  1. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    Today is the 6 week anniversary of my surgery! I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by. Just wanted to report in that recovery has been great. I am now doing outpatient PT; using the recumbent bicycle and doing upper body exercises in our fitness center; am able to walk slowly...
  2. Lore O

    Posterior Approach

    I had the posterior approach incision, Yes the precautions are a bit intense but i can honestly say that my recovery has been great with no complications. The incision has healed well and it seems with vitamin E massage I will have a very slight scar. I have never been in any pain, some...
  3. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    Now almost at 5 weeks post surgery, last session with in home PT- We went to the fitness center in our complex and I did 5 minutes on the eliptical with no issue. Would have tried the recumbant bike but someone was using it. I am really astounded how much stronger i am since just one week ago...
  4. Lore O

    THR JayP's hip replacement is done

    Greetings! At my 4 week post op, the OS suggested i start massaging the scar using Vitamin E and he gave me an Rx for Amoxicillin- i am to take 4 each 500 MG prior to dental work for one year- not needed after the one year anniversary- was much relieved to hear that. I would try to put off teeth...
  5. Lore O

    Lore O’s Hip Hop History 2011-2015

    Thank you, @Kim22, i wish you all the best as well for THR # 2. I hope the posting can help others in their decision making. Looking forward to reading your recovery posts in September
  6. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    Triumphant day! Went for first drive in my car, with PT guy. Just drove around the complex- it's a private road so no traffic to deal with- I did it!! Though definitely not ready to face the Freeways and am in no need to thank goodness. But gas pedal to brake reaction time was just fine. Looking...
  7. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    go figure, very interesting isnt it?. Yes i will continue as well to put a pillow between my knees, it's very comfortable ... and comforting!
  8. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    ewe, not sure i can vote on that one! well it seems i am on the road to the no itch cafe!
  9. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    thank you, Liz, yes me too, i am definilty not bending down yet to pick up anything from the floor. and yes sleeping on side is blissful, but still have to wait 2 more months to sleep on my preferred right side. Itch is now just "there" not calling to me!
  10. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    Day 31, post op apointment with OS- released from the 90 degree hip precautions, YAY! Incision looks great, he told me to start massaging it with Vitamin E, got Rx for outpatient PT. Also went to primary care dr for my rash as it really bloomed badly. She asked me" where's my walker!!"- so...
  11. Lore O

    worried!!

    hi @lexi-mai , me too i was scared. Reading the posts on bone smart was the best thing i did for sure, you made the right decision to come to this site. I found for me, being as educated as possible on what to expect(but not watching any videos of the acutual surgery) and visualizing the post...
  12. Lore O

    Lore O’s Hip Hop History 2011-2015

    Spring 2011 Noticed slight dull ache/strain in right groin. Thought it might have been an ergonomic problem at work, as I had recently changed offices. Did some chair, work counter modifications, paid closer attention to my yoga stretches, icing and so on. March 2012 No change with the groin...
  13. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    Itchy, Itchy, my goodness! Benadryl and 1% cortizone giving just slight relief. Presume this will run its course soon, hope so!!. I did 2 flights of stairs with PT guy. That was great. Some difficulty with foot "flopping" as i go down one stair at a time. Need to practice putting down the toe...
  14. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    yes that may have started it, i did get some sun last week. i tried to be proactive with sunscreen and wore a hat
  15. Lore O

    THR WOW! Lore Has a New Hip!

    thank you, Cindy! i certainly benefited from reading bonesmart posts pre surgery. i hope writing about my experiences can be helpful to others. best of luck to you!!
Back
Top Bottom