Guest viewing is limited

worried!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lexi-mai I'm in the UK too and I went into hospital on a Friday lunchtime and was home by Sunday lunchtime.
 
In regards to your question how long in hospital and how much family help you'll need. I was in the hospital for three nights. Rented a hospital bed to use at home, which was a huge help! I had a dressing stick, couldn't have got myself dressed without it. My husband did ALL the cooking and cleaning for about 10 days. He brought me ice packs, fresh water, pain meds, and an occasional ice cream cone. I really needed his help for probably 7 of those days, and enjoyed the extra three days . I asked him if he had learned anything from this experience and his reply was "your jobs in the house are endless and thankless". Since I am back to taking care of everything in the house, he now makes a point of thanking me. Alls well, that ends well!!!
 
@lexi-mai A year and a half is a long time to wait when you are suffering with hip pain and living with a much reduced quality of life.this surgery will give you your life back so a couple of nights in a hospital to achieve this will be so worth it and you will be back home before you know it.I am having my left hip replaced in September so not far behind you.
 
@lexi-mai
I live in the U.S. I was in the hospital 3 days but a typical stay is 2 days. I stayed an extra day for rounds of antibiotics due to previous infection.
 
I'm in Scotland and I was in 6 days but that was a temperature issue. Two chaps in at the same time were only 3 days

Legin THR Sep 14
 
hi @lexi-mai , me too i was scared. Reading the posts on bone smart was the best thing i did for sure, you made the right decision to come to this site. I found for me, being as educated as possible on what to expect(but not watching any videos of the acutual surgery) and visualizing the post surgery success of no more limping and having normal range of motion reallly helped. I stayed super busy getting everything ready at home and work. I also to be honest I really looked forward to my time off- first opportunity in 30 years to take this much time to just be home catching up on reading, Netflix, social media and such. Best wishes to you- everything will be fine!!
 
hello...thanks for that, as you say to focus on the post op benefits!!! no more hobbling and pain killers, very much look forward to it.

Reading what has been posted on here, there is a strong thread / message that comes across and that is, its not as bad as imagined!! so for me now, its to BELIEVE it, pack the fear in a box and chuck it in the wheelie bin and listen to those that have trodden the path ahead!!

Thanks for your reply
 
Hi @lexi-mai It is good to hear the positivity from you. Cheers to focusing on the post op benefits, saying goodbye to the Preop pain and getting your life back.When is your surgery ?
 
Hello Kim22,
Hoping for August 6th...although I talk to friends and family about it, it seems as if its about somebody else!!! and not me...don't know if anyone can relate to that...
I went to see the consultant, thinking I was making a fuss about the pain, he had me on the coach and checked what movement I have in the leg, and asked a few questions, how far can you walk etc. then said lets talk over the x-ray picture, and he pointed out it was bone rubbing on bone and that the only option was a THR...it blew me away, having the mind set that I was making a fuss, then they said this...he was very kind and said he would do it when I felt ready to have it done...as I said in an earlier post when I saw him was about a year and a half ago, so I have had time to get my head around the idea, but I still struggle with it believe it or not!!

I am finding, to read other posts very helpful, so I will stay plugged in!!

thanks again...
 
@lexi-mai that is good news that you have a date of the 6th August and yes stay plugged in and keep asking the questions.You will get a lot of benefit from being on here both before your surgery and afterwards too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom