Recent content by LonghornNan

  1. LonghornNan

    Revision TKR All done and dusted

    Some things are just worth it...especially grandchildren!!! Hope you feel better today.
  2. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    I discovered something that might be helpful for getting in and out of cars. After my knee replacement in June I had planned to come home and not leave my house for three weeks but because six days later I tore my quadriceps tendon I had to go to no less than 10 hospital/imaging/doctor visits...
  3. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    kneesrus Thank you so much for the information. It's a great help in my understanding of the evaluation that I had and why it was done. I did have one cortisone injection about three years ago and one Synvisc injection about a year before the knee replacement. The cortisone helped at the time...
  4. LonghornNan

    TKR Nanners adventure to the other side

    Nanners Hi Gail - I was just reading some of your posts and laughed because of so many similarities including the name. My name is Nancy and middle name Gail and some old friends call me Nanners. I have fibro and while I don't have Crohns I do have lymphocytic colitis...all the joys of Crohns...
  5. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    skigirl Thanks for the info. When I tore my tendon it was during therapy with a home health therapist just doing an evaluation having me do straight leg lifts 5 days after surgery. I never let them come back! The place I go now is extremely cautious in what I do and I only saw physical...
  6. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    Four and 1/2 months from LTKR, 3 1/2 months from the torn tendon surgery, and almost two months out of the immobilizing brace I wore for two months. On my last visit to my OS I had full, yes full range of motion that he thought I'd never get back after the tendon ordeal. I've discovered that...
  7. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    Lmarshall - thanks so much! What tore when you heard the pop? Your tendon? There just is not much information out there about it. I think the water therapy is fabulous - I've only had one session but it made the horrible ordeal of buying a swimsuit worth it. haha - I remember seeing your...
  8. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    I thought I'd update my progress in case anyone else has a similar experience. My therapy is going great and best of all on my visit to the OS on 8/27 he said I could take the brace off because....tah dah...I'm much farther along than he ever expected! Here's a pic of my leg brace. (this was...
  9. LonghornNan

    TKR Back again!!!

    Hi Chris - I just did the same thing! Here's a link that might help you fix it. :) Nancy https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/help-i-lost-a-really-long-post-can-i-get-it-back.18304/
  10. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    Three weeks later and I've started rehab! Very, very gentle rehab! It's been 6 weeks today since my quadriceps tendon repair which came 3 weeks after my TKR. As leery as I was about PT I love the place I'm going. They were stunned this had happened and had never seen anyone who had this happen...
  11. LonghornNan

    Revision TKR Mechanical Loosening

    hedgep sending prayers and healing thoughts across the miles to you. What a long ordeal you've been through and I so appreciate your kind and encouraging words you left for me. I feel so much better since starting a very gentle therapy three days ago - mostly very light massage. I will be...
  12. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    maryo52 Thank you, Mary, for sharing that. I read your thread about how this has changed your life - loved reading some of the responses - knowing others have had similar experiences. I wonder why anti anxiety meds aren't viewed the same as pain meds. If you have pain and really need them you...
  13. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    It has been three weeks since my tendon repair and I have definitely had my ups and downs. I'm in the immobilizer brace 24/7 and the day is filled with adjusting and re-adjusting the brace. I have to make that work because the alternative is a cast. I'm walking with a cane and even though I...
  14. LonghornNan

    TKR Recovering Great and Then A Loud POP

    I had the tendon repair surgery on Tuesday (July 2) and it was much more painful than the TKR. I was really nervous beforehand and woke from the surgery in tremendous pain. It took several hours to get it under control - may not seem long but it sure as heck seemed an eternity at the time. I...
  15. LonghornNan

    TKR Here we go again

    daniel80 - I had a total knee replacement on June 7th....six days later during physical therapy there was a loud POP. Turned out to be a torn quadricep tendon. Had the surgery to repair it two days ago. It is a devastating injury. As someone said - you absolutely cannot bend your knee for at...
Back
Top Bottom