Recent content by LolaBee

  1. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    So glad you're progressing. 134 is fantastic. My PT told me that when I could feel the clicking it meant the swelling was going away and healing nicely. I am on minocyclin, too. A helpful member advised me to take it with protein. Made a huge difference. I take it after breakfast and dinner...
  2. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Failed Two-Stage Revision - what now?

    Here's a link for CPK lab info: https://www.healthline.com/health/cpk-isoenzymes-test One of the rare, but dangerous side effects of Daptomycin is muscle deterioration. Your kidneys cannot handle the "shredded" muscle byproducts. My first symptom was a stiff neck and upper back muscle pain. It...
  3. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Failed Two-Stage Revision - what now?

    So glad the surgery went well! I was one of the rare ones to have a horrible reaction to Daptomyacin. Be sure the ID is on top of CPK lab numbers. You can read my 2 stage revision story for details.
  4. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    I was nauseous on vancomycin, and also had no appetite. Forced myself to eat crackers or bite of scrambled egg. Hope you're feeling better soon.
  5. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Revision with infection

    Today marks one year since my new knee. I'm feeling great, and knee is doing great. No pain, and only occasionally do I even think about it! I still have a slight tightness in my foot, but no pain. My lower, inside leg has quite a bit of skin numbness. My OS said it may, or may not go away. It...
  6. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    My husband put a small blanket on the back seat. I sat on the blanket and used my arms and good leg to pull myself farther into the car. He went to the other side, grasped the blanket and pulled me to the other side. Then I propped my leg up on pillows and ice. Not pretty, but we got the...
  7. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    There are many Staphylococcus. Please ask which one. I hope you get some pain relief soon. LB
  8. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Next month will be a year since I had my 2nd stage new knee. I am doing great, but it was a very difficult journey. It is indeed head spinning! As others have mentioned, please get to know your Infectious Disease specialist. This doctor is an integral...
  9. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Cakes 2114 - Knee Recovery Thread

    While I was in the hospital for the rhabdomyolysis, one of the nurses felt there was too much extra picc line sticking out than normal. An xray was ordered, and showed the picc had moved 6" !! Hang in there!
  10. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Cakes 2114 - Knee Recovery Thread

    My picc line was removed while I waited for new tkr. My first picc line moved out of place after several weeks. I had to have a new one, and it was placed in my other arm. I was initially on vancomycin, then switched to daptomycin. Unfortunately I developed rhabdomyolysis from it and was...
  11. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Long Road

    Wishing you continued healing. It's a tough journey, but the fight is worth it. I'm a few months shy of a year when my infection nightmare began. Today I'm pain free and living life. You can check out my treatment and long journey. Stay strong and continue fighting.
  12. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Revision with infection

    6 month check in: Knee is doing great. Swelling is a very rare event. No pain, but still some weird numbness on lower leg. Foot pain and stiffness is almost totally gone. My recent labs showed a slight uptake in inflammatory markers, but my OS is not too concerned and feels it might be an...
  13. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Infection long after TKR

    MGNance, my initial symptoms were like yours. My aspiration labs did not reveal what infection I had, but my OS sent them off to a big lab. After 2 weeks of culture growth, it came back as Staphylococcus Caprae. Mine was most likely an infected bug bite from many months before. Treating the...
  14. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Been through the wringer and back!

    I'm sorry you are going through the tkr infection nightmare. You can read my journey through this. It's been7 months since the infection reared its ugly head, six years after my initial tkr. After a horrendous summer, I am finally doing well and getting my life back. Yes, 2020 has got to be...
  15. LolaBee

    Knee Infection* Revision with infection

    This week marks 4 months since my new implant. My last PT session is tomorrow. Overall I am doing great. No real knee pain at all. Foot is gaining more range of motion, but still painful if trying to tip toe. I've lost a significant amount of weight over this 7 month ordeal, and feeling a lot...
Back
Top Bottom