Recent content by lmb

  1. L

    Kneeling

    Good for you dadman35. Sounds like you are healing up fast. Much faster than I did.
  2. L

    TKR Mom's post op thread<

    I could not imagine going through the first month after TKR alone. I read from others who did it all by them selves But for me I was blessed to have my husband and son to help me through the worst. I took care of my Mom like you are for years. She is so lucky to have you for a daughter.
  3. L

    TKR My 2nd knee replacement

    Wow I would have been flipping out if my pain medication was taken away 3 weeks out! Do I have that right? My anxiety and panic episodes were/are so much worse since the surgery. Slowly getting better. I think I am like 15 weeks post op. Some times the pain still makes me break down crying. I am...
  4. L

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Thank goodness my surgeon does not use staples anymore. I waited until I found a Surgeon that uses the glue instead. I had a horrible experience with staples in my knee following a post op knee infection about 14 yrs ago.
  5. L

    TKR lmb my knee replacement

    Hi thanks for checking in with me. I have been meaning to post but things have been busy after my husbands triple by pass. He was in and out of the hospital. He is doing better but just started his cardio rehab this past Friday. I still have way more pain than I think I should. Mostly using...
  6. L

    abnormal lab results after ltkr

    I think 115 is excellent. I am at 115 and happy with that. No one will take that away as before surgery I was at 110 for over 12 yrs. I find that a PT that uses massage gets better results than hands off PT. It hurts so good when she is rubbing out knots and adhesion to help my knee heal.
  7. L

    Can synvisc injections help?

    The shots are worth a try. My left knee was already so bad the shots did not work well on that knee. But they did help my right knee. Its worth a try as TKR is not something I would ever do again. Expect your whole summer to be about your knee. I am told at 12 weeks post op we will be glad we...
  8. L

    TKR lmb my knee replacement

    Thank you for all the support. Still struggling with sleep at night. You all know the feeling. Not horrible pain just can not get comfortable. Or you wake up after having your knee in on position to long and moving it causes some temporary sharp burning pain. For the most part I am using 650 mls...
  9. L

    TKR lmb my knee replacement

    I read that thread on post op depression weeks a go and it helped me feel validated in what I am going through Went to my Primary Dr for help. Got med's that are helping a little bit. My appt with the Pastoral Care Center is sometime in February. I talk a lot about wanting to die. I am not...
  10. L

    TKR lmb my knee replacement

    Checking in after reading other threads this morning. 9 weeks ago today I made the BAD choice of having my left knee replaced. My ROM has increased to 110. Been doing PT 2 or 3 times per week. Its my last week of PT as my husbands heart surgery is a week from today. I am thankful I have had a PT...
  11. L

    Doing this as a single person

    I would be so angry if I was you. To go through a knee replacement and have the wrong implant. Medical malpractice is real and Professionals should be held accountable. I am sorry you are alone in this. I would not have survived without my husband.
  12. L

    TKR lmb my knee replacement

    Been away from the forum for a few days. Went with my Grand Daughter to see her Dr yesterday. The nurse that took us back had a pronounced limp. I asked about her Knee. She said she had it replaced first part of September 2016. Been back to work since early December. She is on her feet all day...
  13. L

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    I hope your recovery goes well. I admire how brave you are to have the 2nd knee done just a few months after the first. I won't ever replace my right knee.
  14. L

    TKR lmb my knee replacement

    Just got released to drive yesterday. However when I have to take narcotics for pain I will choose not to drive. So probably not yet. Drs hesitate to prescribe meds for anxiety as everyone of them is addictive. I had a really bad night until I took my last anti anxiety pill. Got 4 hours of sleep...
  15. L

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I do not want to hijack this thread so I posted on my recovery thread. Thanks for the support it means a lot right now. https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/lmb-my-knee-replacement.39049/page-3 I wanted Josephine to know I have regrets. And that if her surgery gets postponed its for a good reason.
Back
Top Bottom