Recent content by LibraryLynn

  1. LibraryLynn

    Second hip to be done June 2

    I agree with Jaycey. All of the aches and pains change and morph as we go through this process. I'm surprised constantly when a new one shows up. Hip two will be wonderful. Just think, no more hip surgeries looming in your future. Yay!
  2. LibraryLynn

    THR Six weeks since surgery and still can't do a straight leg lift.

    @EditorER i had hip 1 done December 17 and hip 2 done April 24. Both were done by the anterior method. I struggled for a decade before we figured out it was my hips, so I had some damage. Now, after reading your story, my damage was nothing like yours. With hip 1, I struggled mightily. They told...
  3. LibraryLynn

    Anterior Right Hip Replacement - Just A Few Days Away

    @Rustie Welcome to Bonesmart! This is a great place to get information, commiserate or just vent about your hip frustrations. First of all, I'd recommend you wear whatever is comfortable to you. Jeans probably won't work, but if you have some pants in any material with give, go for it. I work my...
  4. LibraryLynn

    THR Nerve problems

    @Legin keep an eye on yourself with the nortrypteline (spelling?). I took it for another condition, and it made my heart rev up quite high. Just if you start to feel that, you know what it may be. I'm pleased we have the hashtag idea sorted. You have been so supportive of so many of us through...
  5. LibraryLynn

    Second hip to be done June 2

    i just had hip 2 replaced on April 24, a little over four months after hip 1. I am having a much easier time this time, mainly because hip 1 was definitely the worst. I'm no doctor, but the groin pain you're experiencing in your replaced hip might be due to the changes in the non-surgical side...
  6. LibraryLynn

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    @sunbunny @Liznwiz @Julie_MN I called these episodes my toddler times. I was tired, tired of hurting, tired of not being able to put my underwear on like a human being, tired of feeling like a raw nerve... You get the idea. Allow yourselves as much toddler time as you need. This surgery can give...
  7. LibraryLynn

    THR Nerve problems

    @zauberflöte @Legin I think you should call the social thread The Chortle. I caught up on old messages and have read some of the articles on your condition. I know for a fact that your condition will soon go into remission, never to reappear. I am sending every ounce of power I have to imagine...
  8. LibraryLynn

    THR Lower back pain/sleeping on my back

    It know exactly what you are feeling. Keeping yourself in the marathon not the sprint frame of mind is incredibly difficult. The real key, as Josephine said, is staying ahead of pain and stiffness, soreness, anything that hurts. I took to setting my alarm to get my pain meds in me in the early...
  9. LibraryLynn

    THR Nerve problems

    @Legin that looks so so sore! I know the pain clinic will be able to help you. I want you to feel better now ( I'm using my impatience for good, not for evil).
  10. LibraryLynn

    THR Hip number one is done!

    Congratulations!!! You sound like you've got this! Remember the Bonesmart mantras...ice ice ice, pain meds by the clock, elevatation and REST! We're right here for you! Lynn
  11. LibraryLynn

    What was pain like pre surgery?

    :egypdance: Yay for the moving up date!!!
  12. LibraryLynn

    THR First good day

    @Realhippy49 I'm 18 days out from hip two and 4 1/2 months out of hip 1. @Legin will be happy to tell you all about my frustrated lack of progress and lack of speed with hip 1. I find those timelines they give us maddening. I was told that I should be off the walker at two weeks, and I was still...
  13. LibraryLynn

    Surgeon's pre-op decision process

    Yep, just follow the Bonesmart mantra, and you will have a successful recovery. Absolutely it's a scary surgery @Tweefishy. Before my surgery in December, I thought of a million reasons that I could just live with my bone on bone agony longer. I had a tough recovery, but it was worth it. Four...
  14. LibraryLynn

    Walking 2 miles a day - do I need a hip replacement?

    @Baybee I second everything everyone has said. Don't put it off. The thought of a THR is daunting, to say the least. I had more than my share of moments thinking...oh it's not so bad...and then having to sit down on a bench at school because I couldn't possibly walk another step. This was after...
  15. LibraryLynn

    Hello All...considering replacing my right and final hip now.

    Speaking from very recent experience, there is absolutely NO REASON TO WAIT! I had hip 1 done December 17th and hip 2 done April 24th. Hip 1 was a very challenging rehab. My muscles were very unhappy about being used the way they were supposed to use instead of the protected way they had been...
Back
Top Bottom