Recent content by LHop

  1. LHop

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    Happy 12 week anniversary by BTKR buddy! I hope you are doing well. I don't know about you, but this back to work thing is doing me in! How's it going for you? I'm keeping the elliptical machine as an option, but I'm not spending $$ like that right now since the wedding is just around the...
  2. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    @Wanttobebiking Yes, I still use my Deep Relief every night. I have a questions for you @jbrooklyn or any other TKR/BTKR, at what point did you stop taking prescription meds? I am still feeling the need to supplement my OTC meds with Tramadol. I called today to get my bi-weekly refill (I only...
  3. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    This is my second week at work. This week seems to be better about the swelling, however I have had something weird start to happen. I have had some sharp pain in the back of my "bad" knee. I kept thinking I'd pulled a muscle, but it works itself out after a while. Sometimes it hurts for a...
  4. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    oops, did something funky. Anyway, they feel heavy and stiff after sitting upright. Why are they so much stiffer from being in a sitting position than they do stretched out on the couch? As soon as I get home I'm stretched out with my ice machine until it's time for bed. One of the wonderful...
  5. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    @jbrooklyn the shower was lovely, thanks for asking. It was worth all the work. Amazingly, my knees did so much better getting all the shower prep done, than they are this week at work. They are swelling horribly along with my ankles (I should call them cankles). I might try something like...
  6. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    Hello Friends, it's been a while! I started back to work yesterday and it has been interesting. I am starting at three days this week, but still eight hour days. My job is mostly sitting, and I'm thankful for that, but I am definitely having some side effects. My knees are quite swollen and...
  7. LHop

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    @Wanttobebiking I'll be interested to hear if the Deep Relief helps you too! I feel like anything that give some relief is worth it at this point!
  8. LHop

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    I tried something new last week on my knees. A friend of mine brought over an essential oil called Deep Relief from Young Living. I rubbed it on the spots where it aches at night and it really seems to help. Disclaimer-I have tried an essential oil mix before for my headaches and didn't find...
  9. LHop

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    I have some pain in my knees when lying on my side. It feels like it's putting pressure on my knees and can ache something fierce. I don't think that sounds like the same thing though. Back at ya Buddy! I sure hope the 3 month mark brings some noticeable improvement!
  10. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    @jbrooklyn As I mentioned in a post on your feed, my celebration about being out for so long without feeling too bad was short lived. Had much more pain the last few days. Feeling old, sore, and cranky!
  11. LHop

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    @jbrooklyn You are singing my song!!! I feel like such an old lady. I have a bridal shower coming up next Saturday so I have been doing a lot more during the days, running errands, etc. and I am in pain! I had to sleep on the couch again last night because my knees hurt to put pressure on...
  12. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    Hi All, I had finally had my appointment with my OS today. We had to reschedule my six week follow up because he had a death in the family, I found out today that the death was his son who was only in his 20's. So sad! He was very pleased with everything, progress, range of motion, etc. In...
  13. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    @jbrooklyn You called it! I got "Take one every 6 hours as needed for pain," and the prescription is for 30 pills. Hah! My husband said, take two if you need two and get a refill when they run out. One is working well for now, but I haven't had much activity the last two days unless you...
  14. LHop

    Bilateral TKR Ms Blue's recovery

    @MsBlue I'm a little surprised that your OS is talking such drastic measures so soon. Your ROM sounds good for 5 weeks, especially since you've been dealing with a rash. I would echo the thoughts of everyone above. Take it easy and slow. Your ROM can definitely be affected by the swelling...
  15. LHop

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    I think the same thing! I know it will be worth it in the long run, but living the recovery is harder than reading about it! I agree 8 weeks feels just like 6 weeks. Come on progress!!! There is a chance that I will be going back to work soon. My job is mostly a desk job, but I can't even...
Back
Top Bottom