Recent content by lgobrien

  1. lgobrien

    TKR Papas new knee<

    It DOES get better. I went thru this 8 years ago and I loved my new knee and my new life. But, at this stage of the game, it seems like those days will never come again. Had a bad night and day yesterday too. But woke up today feeling like I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Of...
  2. lgobrien

    TKR Papas new knee<

    So, when did everyone else go back to work or plan on going back to work?
  3. lgobrien

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Oh I miss my glass of wine!!! Still on pain meds though! Soon... very soon!
  4. lgobrien

    TKR Happydale got her new knee

    I could just feel the sereneness in your post! We live on a 12 acre parcel and my husband has enhanced some of the deer paths through our woods to make some great hiking trails. I took my morning walk yesterday and like you, was blessed with the presence of a beautiful doe prancing across the...
  5. lgobrien

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Nancy - I just reread some of your earlier post and I think we are both in the same place emotionally. I KNOW it will get better, I think I'm just being impatient. Let's do this together!
  6. lgobrien

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Nancy - When I lay on my side, I put an icepack on my knee with a small bed pillow over that and my other knee on top of that to hold it in place. I sometimes have to switch back and forth before I get comfortable enough! I have had in-home pt twice a week since my surgery. This is my last...
  7. lgobrien

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/baby-reg/aynsley-born-matt-born-october-2016-traversecity?tag=ate362da-20 My surgery was two days before yours... I slept much better in the first weeks because I set my clock every four hours and took 2 oxycodone. The last week or so, I've been taking 2 oxycodone...
  8. lgobrien

    TKR Happydale got her new knee

    I am three weeks post op today! Even though my PT progress has been great, I can't wait to feel as you do. I know I will feel better, because I went thru this 8 years ago. I'm just wondering when I can start feeling comfortable enough to be up and about my house for any length of time...
  9. lgobrien

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    Hang in there Nancy. We're all in this together! Sometimes, I just wish I could press the fast forward button, because a previous knee replacement surgery has shown me how awesome our lives will be again!
  10. lgobrien

    TKR Happydale got her new knee

    Sara - So glad you are progressing so well! I have two more sessions with my at home PT and he has been great! He has not once pushed on me. We've taken 3 walks down to the mail box (400 foot driveway) and back up. It just keeps getting better and better. I have a hard time sitting at a...
  11. lgobrien

    TKR Laurie's LPKR continued journey

    Josephine - Can you just change my subject/title line to "Laurie's LPKR continued journey". I don't want you to have to change it every time I decide to add something to my thread. Thanks, Josephine.
  12. lgobrien

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    I remember with my first LPKP in 2008, night time sleep was the worst! I ended up sleeping in the recliner much of my first month. I have no idea why anything is different this time, but within the first week, I was sleeping on my stomach!!! That's the way I usually sleep, but I couldn't...
  13. lgobrien

    TKR Laurie's LPKR continued journey

    How do I edit my subject line? I want to change the topic, but realize we are supposed to keep our own journey in one thread... I thought I changed it myself before, but can't remember how. Thanks!!
  14. lgobrien

    TKR Laurie's LPKR continued journey

    Thanks John - That's what I thought, but was hoping there was something!
  15. lgobrien

    TKR Laurie's LPKR continued journey

    Two weeks post op - my recovery has been going great, no complaints. I just got my "saran wrap" taken off my incision site. My skin is so dry. The nurse said I can not use any lotion on it until I see the doctor, which is still another two weeks off. Just wonder if anyone has any...
Back
Top Bottom