Recent content by LetsDoThis

  1. L

    THR 5 Years on and still can't wipe the smile from my Face:-)

    Dear All It has now been just a couple of months over 5 years since my surgery. I've had my 5 Yr check up and was a little taken aback, when they said " Ok, you're obviously doing totally fine, Off you go, we're discharging you. Just get in touch if you get any problems in the future." This...
  2. L

    THR Strange pain 3 and a half years on -sciatica?

    Hi to All It's been a couple of years since I posted as I forgot about my hip replacement completely. But then today, a sudden onset of first mild pain when I started to walk and then a very strange uncomfortable feeling around my whole hip area. Really scared me cos for the first time since...
  3. L

    Bit the bullet

    Hi PDH63 I am just over two years post op and I can tell you unequivocably that you will never ever regret having the surgery. Yes It's big, it is major surgery BUT it is one of, if not THE most successful operations that anyone can have, in my opinion and experience. I'm not sure what your...
  4. L

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello again to everyone. :-) I was a March Musketeer in 2011. Like others have said I've not been back in ages , purely because my hip just isn't a problem for me now whatsoever! I'd say it was about 3months ago that I realised that it just hadn't crossed my mind at all. Can do abosultely...
  5. L

    THR Want to return to Nursing after THR

    Thank you so very, very much Jo (more than you will ever know! Bless you!) I will get back to Nursing. It was and will always be by calling. More soon.. I Promise.....x
  6. L

    THR Want to return to Nursing after THR

    Hello to everyone. I'm now over 16 months post THR. Some of you may have read my threads on Bonesmart... but here's the thing...I didn't ever actually "own up" to the fact that I am an ex RGN. Trained and qualified at Kings College Hospital back in the mid 80's!!. Left Nursing in the early...
  7. L

    THR If only I knew

    I've just read all your posts....YOU WILL ENJOY your new life without the chronic problem. Life is flippin brilliant beyond THR.. it's different, granted (it's infinietely better!)... but YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH MAJOR surgery, ( which kind'a makes us extra- special people for having the courage...
  8. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    A year ago I had my THR. (Saturday 12th March 2011) This weekend, last year , at this time.. I was high as a kite on the Morphine pump! Totally oblivious to what was to come over the next couple of months.!!!!! And a year on...................It's so much more fabulous than I ever dreamed...
  9. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    Hello again to everyone. Just wanting to check something out with you all. Since Saturday I've had RIGHT HIP pain!!!!:what: I've never ever had pain in my right hip.. ever. It was sudden onset, I didn't injure it, I just woke up with it when I rolled onto my right side. It doesn't hurt...
  10. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    Well hello everyone! I trust the Indian Summer in the Uk is making everyone feel just great! Thought I'd pop back with a 6 1/2 month update! What can I say....it's just bloomin marvellous!!!:yes 4::yay::yahoo: Since I last posted I've just got stronger and stronger, my muscles have...
  11. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    Many thanks Jo, I'll take your advice and stick with it for longer. I'm back to the hospital for a follow up appt on 10th August, so I'll at least wait until then. Cheers:thumb:
  12. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    Hi everyone! I'll try to keep it brief, (I did go on a bit in my posts when at home all day didn't I?!!:biggrin: Second week back at work full time. And all's well! They are still being very good to me and I'm doing my bit in return. Really enjoying the work and being back in the swing of...
  13. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    Hiii to everyone and thanks so much for the lovely messages. You'll never guess what........:th_heehee::dancy: I got a call back for a second Interview and Test for the Dream Job!!!!! It's on Thursday at 12.00. Very excited :dancy:. It's a mixed situation though because, yesterday I...
  14. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    FEELING " Soooooooooo...NORMAL"!!!!:yes 4::yay::yahoo::yahoo: Just had to report that I am so very very happy to be feeling within an inch of getting back to normality with so many signs that I'm so much better than pre-op "normal"! Driving is absolutely fine....1st day back at work was a...
  15. L

    4 Wks post cementless Left THR

    Isn't this Forum just the best!!!:ThankYou:to everyone for everything! No news on the job:sigh: but as each day passes instead of constant obsession about whether they have tried to phone me I am now looking for the thin "rejection letter" envelope on the doormat! But still never mind...as you...
Back
Top Bottom