Recent content by Lemonslikethefruit

  1. Lemonslikethefruit

    Bilateral June 13 & June 16

    That tight band feeling drives me nuts! Will be so happy when it leaves.
  2. Lemonslikethefruit

    Bilateral June 13 & June 16

    Oh, my? All of you who said don't push it, you were right! Back to back PT on Wednesday & Thursday, doing a lot tougher exercises, I was feeling pretty good about my progress. My competitive spirit made me push hard todo the most of everything I could. Friday, I felt pretty good. Used the...
  3. Lemonslikethefruit

    Bilateral June 13 & June 16

    I was just saying today, I wonder how much activity is too much. I don't want a setback, yet I don't want to baby my knees and not get the best ROM I Can. I'm think my PTs would be all for lots of activity but I know people on this site say, don't push, it will come and happen anyway. I...
  4. Lemonslikethefruit

    Bilateral June 13 & June 16

    Week 5 tomorrow. Both knees done. Had 6 days in hospital and 6 days inpatient rehab. My legs really did feel like useless logs! I'm in outpatient therapy now, twice a week. I'm at 0 extension on both knees, right knee has the best ROM at close to 120. Left leg has been a slower rehabbed...
  5. Lemonslikethefruit

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Post how you are doing, if you can!!! Good luck!
  6. Lemonslikethefruit

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    My surgeries are June 13 & 16. Sounds like we are all in the same boat, the fear and apprehension boat! I, too, am not worrying about the surgery, I think it will be the easiest part. Like you the aftermath and outcome scares me. I have talked to numerous people who have or know someone who...
  7. Lemonslikethefruit

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Let us know how it goes for you!!! I'm scheduled for bilateral TKR June 13 & 16. Good Luck!
  8. Lemonslikethefruit

    Recliner

    Anyone having a frame built for under their recliner to raise it? I'm told that if you don't have a lift chair that you need to put 2 x 8 s under the platform. Anyone doing anything like that?
  9. Lemonslikethefruit

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I was distracted by the no shaving too but I'm not too hairy, so I think I'll be okay. I actually was more worried about getting a shower and my hair washed as soon as possible. I've had people tell me anywhere between 6 and 10 days after surgery!!! Eeeewwww! Yesterday, I attended Pre-Op...
  10. Lemonslikethefruit

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Picopela! You're post could have been written by me. I'm do great walking on flat surfaces. Getting up from couch, chairs, toilets is killer! I'm flying the week before my surgery and have paid extra to guarantee an exit row so I can stretch my legs, otherwise I wouldn't be able to unbend...
  11. Lemonslikethefruit

    Surgery Tomorrow!!!!

    Thanks for asking the question. I go June 13 and wanted to know the same. Is anyone taking a hairdryer for after shower? I'm hoping they cover the incisions and we are allowed showers.
  12. Lemonslikethefruit

    May 13th is almost here and pretty scared!

    Betsy, mine are going to be 3 days apart, June 13 & June 16. Doc says patients recover better with a few days spaced between. I don't know if its because you are not "under" for so long or if it's because it gives you a chance to start rehabbing the first leg, so its more stable for support of...
  13. Lemonslikethefruit

    May 13th is almost here and pretty scared!

    So, you don't have to shave your legs due to methotrexate, I'm on methotrexate too, and my hair on my head, especially top front, is really thin. Methotrexate? Wonder about waxing legs a couple weeks before, What do you think?
  14. Lemonslikethefruit

    Bilateral June 13 & June 16

    Excited to find this website. I am also on Topix Double Knee Replacements site. I am finding all of the information very helpful. A lot of questions are being answered! I am somewhat apprehensive going into this. I keep having the thoughts, in the back of my mind, that I might be...
  15. Lemonslikethefruit

    2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    That's good to hear! I'm hoping in a few months, the last thing I think of everyday is my knees!
Back
Top Bottom