May 13th is almost here and pretty scared!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIDE NOW AN HAVING TROUBLE POSTINGH ANYTHING - AN VERYGROggy and wil try bc later - I had a hard time with pain and I think I creied for 4 days but they gave me anti anzity med and that help. sorry I should n't make people scared but it was a hard surgergy -next week has to be better and my daughter is an angel helping me
 
@susanc ---why don't you begin a thread in the post-op side of the forum so we can keep track of you?

Welcome to the other side!!! Do not worry about scaring folks---your honesty is greatly appreciated, and that is what it is all about.

Please post back when yo feel up to it!
 
You need to make sure the incision is completely closed before going in the water, I think.
My info packet said not to shave for at least a day before the surgery. Ever since I've been on methotrexate for the RA I hardly have to shave my legs, so no problem there. :heehee:
So, you don't have to shave your legs due to methotrexate, I'm on methotrexate too, and my hair on my head, especially top front, is really thin. Methotrexate? Wonder about waxing legs a couple weeks before, What do you think?
 
Hi and Welcome Susanc....
Thanks for ur fun questions, nice to make it real as I am looking forward to getting a new start.
AND THANKS VancouverUSAgal for your review and guide.
I'm waiting for my BTKR date... don't know why it is taking so long to make the date. (1 week all reports r in).
Does anyone know why some OS do knees 2 or 3 days apart?
Betsy, mine are going to be 3 days apart, June 13 & June 16. Doc says patients recover better with a few days spaced between. I don't know if its because you are not "under" for so long or if it's because it gives you a chance to start rehabbing the first leg, so its more stable for support of the second? I have a question for anyone. What about waxing my legs a week or two before? Directions are to not shave but nothing is mentioned about wax?
 
Have to say I had my two TKR on the same day and I think it is the way to go . I have done great Good Luck either way!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
I would think they'd prep your leg & shave if necessary. They don't want any cuts or irritation on your leg.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom