Recent content by Lela22

  1. Lela22

    Welcome to the January Jackpots 2022 Hip Recovery Club

    Hi! Greetings to everyone! Was on here in 2016 with L posterior THR and now with 1-28-22 posterior R THR. Limping this time around. Walking with cane with mild pain in hip. Knee gets painful. Tomorrow makes 6 weeks since surgery.
  2. Lela22

    THR -Right - 1-28-2022

    Hi, coming back for support. Little nervous about surgery. Not about recovery and getting back to work quickly. I’m a counselor. Other hip replacement went well, but some painful times with knee and low back. This one’s outpatient. Hoping recovering will be faster as other hip was done 2016...
  3. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    @Josephine thank you!!!!
  4. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    @Miss Muffet thx! Unfortunately my limit can be less than 15 min!! Ouch!!!!! But thx!! I get up and move quite a bit for one reason other. But now I'll walk a bit too. Thx!! Hope you are well. :wave:
  5. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    @Josephine question Josephine. I have been having lot of low back pain from sitting at work in my office chair. I have "cushy" chair I sit in to see clients, but can't use it for desk work. Tried pillow and such, but no help. Went to PT first time on Tuesday this week, and based on her...
  6. Lela22

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    You sound great!! We have a small family, so not so much excitement considering they are out of town. But I did get a pedi today. My back gets achey tired with sitting-- ugh, but my feet feel and look loads better!!!! My knee and low back on left side are the most painful parts now. Working on...
  7. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    Very good report from doc yesterday. I had X-rays and all looked really well, even with knee ( I have had nerve pain around knee/shin since prior to surgery). So happy to hear that bc I was worried. He's guessing I have some patella bursitis and mild low back arthritis aggravated by hip. So...
  8. Lela22

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    @gullimac so great to hear!!! I'm so glad. It will be nice doing normal things again!! So happy you are well on your way!!!:happydance::flwrysmile:
  9. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    @cait1981 hope your work return goes super, by the way!! :flwrysmile::SUNsmile:
  10. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    @cait1981 well, I may actually get hubby to help me clean office some the 2nd or something- forgetting holiday schedule this year. Not sure. I don't have a fridge at work, but not needing ice now. I do have a recliner. Taking acetaminophen now. Just need to be able to drive and move!! And I...
  11. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    Yep, I have 2 grabbers for that reason. I try really hard not to drop both!! At least I had one Velcro'd to the walker, when I used that!! Now I have to hunt them down!! My puppy is working overtime to pull anything she can find out so I'll give her a treat to trade. That means grab off the...
  12. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    I can take it slow in general, but I see clients and they are waiting for me. I have a biz and do it all. Sure I'll get in the groove. I love my clients. I do sit a lot. Glad don't have to be physical. Hubby will help in some ways.
  13. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    Is it just me, or is there some unwritten law that one drops more things when you need to use a grabber???:chinstroke::shrug::snork:
  14. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    @Cas thx for the pep talk. This nerve pain is getting old!! I can't believe I go to work 1/2/17. It seemed so far away when this started!! Now it seems too soon :scaredycat: Those are some big dogs in your profile pic!! I'm wondering how I'll catch the puppy and crate her when I go back to...
  15. Lela22

    THR I'll be Post-Op Nov 9, 2016

    @SwimGirl oh no, they are shoes with awesome support. These are mine specially: https://www.amazon.com/FOOTPRINTS-Unisex-Madeira-Fisherman-Shoe/dp/B001BL809U?tag=ate362da-20. I have sandals, too.
Back
Top Bottom