Recent content by LaylaHips

  1. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    Also, I agree with everyone that it's not okay to ignore behavior without consequences. I used to watch The Dog Whisperer and he would point out that after a dog has a bad behavior, don't give it treats and talk to it with baby talk. I see a lot of people doing just that after a bad behavior!!
  2. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    So today I had planned on working with the difficult girl on table top activities only, like linking chains or drawing a pumpkin. The special ed director brought her in the room and wanted her to do sensory activities-swing on the swing. I told her I hadn't planned that until her behavior was...
  3. LaylaHips

    How Will We Know When Our KR's Wear Out??

    Congrats @laf1958, you look fantastic! I'm inspired to get busy with losing some weight so my joints hold up longer! Regarding your question, my aunt had her knees replaced early 90s (or late 80s?). One replacement gave out when a piece of the cement came loose, so she had that knee replaced...
  4. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    @birdwatchr I agree- they seem to be sending me more and more kids who have problem behavior to work with because no one knows how to handle them. Recently some ABA trained staff have been hired so I hope this will help with all these kids. I can handle them one on one, but if I have a group of...
  5. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    Thank you all for your support and comments! My boss also told all the parents I would make up a month worth of services by seeing their children extra time (instead of hiring an interim person). That's not gonna happen! My leg was a little sore today (whenever it gets sore, it's the outside of...
  6. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    Thanks so much for all your well wishes! I was back to work full time-I was going to do part time this week but I was so behind and they don't hire anyone to replace me while I'm gone. I have a very rough caseload and a new student who is pretty physically aggressive, a very large girl with Down...
  7. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    Thanks so much @Celle and @mamazipp, I appreciate your answers. I swear I forgot about the knee replacement when I was really busy a few weeks ago, my first week at resuming normal activities around the house. Lately I've developed the pain at the top of the fibular, the bony part on the outside...
  8. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    I'll be 12 weeks post-op on Monday and going back to work. Question: all along I've had some pressure/pain at the head of the fibula (bony part outside and below the knee). I've read some info about it with no clear answers. I think massaging that area helps, but hope it's not a long term...
  9. LaylaHips

    TKR Had a difficult time, feeling better<

    Congrats mamazipp on getting onto your knees-I'm looking forward to that day! The PT asked if I tried it, so did it on the padded therapy table, and then realized my knee is still numb on the outer side of my incision, so I am not getting the "feedback" I need to feel comfortable in that...
  10. LaylaHips

    TKR Zammie24 recovery time!

    Whoa, just looked at your X-rays, your new knee looks fantastic, but your "before pics" are amazing-you must have been in terrible pain! My OS said I was in "end stage" knee arthritis, whatever that means, looks like you must have been, too! Glad you are making great progress!
  11. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    @sistersinhim, I never thought to ask either up until last week. Someone here suggested to look at my surgical report, which I got at my post-op (thought the PT needed it), so never even looked at what type of knee implant or ROM until last week when my PT thought the max they all bend is 120...
  12. LaylaHips

    TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

    Oh have a wonderful time! My husband and I wanted to go this September, never followed through. My son and his wife went on their honeymoon this summer and had a wonderful time, especially staying at a house on a beach. There only problem-they didn't bring enough cash and couldn't find ATM...
  13. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    Thanks @sistersinhim I am happy and 130 degrees is my goal. I see that you and I have the same type of knee replacement-did your OS say there is a limit of flexion on the Depuy Attune? I couldn't find any info online. Thanks ahead of time!
  14. LaylaHips

    TKR Bye bye bone, hello chrome!

    Yay! Ending week 8 and was measured at 125 degrees of flexion at PT today. Working on weird balance platforms and standing on one foot on a ball disc. I have a few weeks left before starting work so did too much on cleaning the basement yesterday, doing nothing today. I guess I never learn!
  15. LaylaHips

    TKR Too Much Vacation?

    @Jasminethecat I was walking on a beach this weekend-in my area beaches are mostly rocks-it was low tide so there were more irregular rocks with lots of barnacles. I walked for a little bit and realized it was too much irregular surface to feel comfortable walking on, so headed back to the park...
Back
Top Bottom