Recent content by Lauren Spin Trainer

  1. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Calling all Bilaterals!

    Hi @homewhiskers! Sorry if I missed this, but did you mention the approach you are having? I think it makes a huge difference in the equipment you will need. I had anterior bilateral surgery on June 2. I had no need for any special equipment post surgery except a walker and a cane. I borrowed...
  2. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Blood Transfusion with Bilateral?

    I had a blood transfusion about 48 hours of surgery. I didn't lose that much during surgery, but testing showed a low hematocri. I am a regular blood donor so I know I ride the anemia line regularity anyway because they test you when you donate. My thought would be not to donate before so you...
  3. Lauren Spin Trainer

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    No, harrisburg about 8 miles west. Hubby works there. That is where I had my surgery.
  4. Lauren Spin Trainer

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    You, me and @ Zumbamama are so close we should try to all get together for a spin class and drinks!!
  5. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR Spinning over to the other side..June 2nd the day. Bilateral Baby!!

    @Sagefemme I know, right..$40!! That is enough for a little pampering with a mani/pedi! I did my first spin class last friday and felt fabulous. No swelling or pain after. I figure I can pretty much take it from here and save some $$, and go get my nails done!
  6. Lauren Spin Trainer

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    Hey @Gummy Bears! I couldn't agree more with @alexthecat! I did my first spin class last Friday (24 days past surgery.) I had talked with my PT about it and decided to try. By the end of class, I was participating completely and standing without pain. No swelling or pain pain class either...
  7. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR prep

    @Kocob 12 days will go by quick. I did a lot of "nesting" and getting things ready. It helped me to stay busy. Surgery lasted about 3 hours total. (With bilateral, they have to set up on one side, then tear down equipment after side one is done and set up on the other side. So that time is...
  8. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR prep

    Hi @Kocob! I had Anterior Bilateral THR on June 2. I pursued your post briefly but still didn't see if you were having anterior or posterior surgery. With anterior, I put my socks and shoes on the day after surgery because the restrictions are much different. I needed no special equipment...
  9. Lauren Spin Trainer

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    Can't wait to hear about the spin class!!! Yeah!!!
  10. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR Spinning over to the other side..June 2nd the day. Bilateral Baby!!

    It is a couple days past 3 week mark so I thought I would give an update. Medication: I am completely off the Percocet. I am taking Tramadol 1x in the morning and 1 at bedtime. This seems to be working well for me. My hips feel "tired" more than painful if I go without anything. I feel...
  11. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR Spinning over to the other side..June 2nd the day. Bilateral Baby!!

    @Michegon I bet the year went super fast! I can't imagine how it will feel. I actually woke up this morning and forgot that I had surgeries! @Gummy Bears Relief is the exact right word. I am so looking forward to pain free spinning! Keep me posted is you get cleared for that.
  12. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR Spinning over to the other side..June 2nd the day. Bilateral Baby!!

    Thanks Mary! We are now bionic! Better. ..stronger. ..faster!
  13. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR Spinning over to the other side..June 2nd the day. Bilateral Baby!!

    Sorry for the delay in my update since my 2 week post-op appointment with my surgeon. I have been feeling so good, I have been able to be out and shopping and feeling like I can get back to a semi-normal life! My appointment with my surgeon went great! He is truly amazed at my progress. My...
  14. Lauren Spin Trainer

    Bilateral THR Spinning over to the other side..June 2nd the day. Bilateral Baby!!

    Two weeks post-op today! ! I am happy to report that I am doing fabulously. I walked about three quarters of a mile tonight without a cane (with PT approval of course.) I am following up periods of activity with periods of rest, elevating and icing. I am able to sleep in my own bed; and...
Back
Top Bottom