Recent content by KTO

  1. K

    TKR How much have your quads recovered?'

    What I was trying to convey.. if one know they will get knee replaced in next year or two why wait? One never knows how ones health will change for the worst and causing one to delay surgery or not be a good candidate for surgery.. my activity level was decreasing due to my bad knee and I kept...
  2. K

    TKR How much have your quads recovered?'

    I had Left TKR 4 months ago ( 52 ur old female).. I am glad I got it done. My motto became I am as healthy as I am going to b e as I am right now . I was not on any meds and I was fearful with status my knee before surgery I would be doing less activity and gain more weight... I incorporated...
  3. K

    TKR Now five months and questioning

    I am at 16 weeks post surgery . Things went really well for me.. for me 5 weeks post op sleeping more than 3 hours straight was a challenge and frustrating.. my solution was get up and walk around the house for a few minutes that ease the discomfort of stiffness and distracted me from just...
  4. K

    TKR Now five months and questioning

    My background .. I am at 16 weeks post surgery . 52 yr old former college D1 female athlete. Surgery went really well for me.. and yes for me 5 weeks post op sleeping more than 3 hours straight was a challenge and frustrating.. my solution was to just get up and walk around the house for a few...
  5. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    @keeper so sorry to hear that. It made things worse !! for the record my PT used the instruments on my muscles on outside of my thigh and hamstring and not directly on my knee.... and at time of using the instruments on my muscles,,, my knee joint only had minimum swelling and my wound was...
  6. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    @robhunt3 I am so happy for that you have relief following your resting, icing and elevating and doing your basic exercise sets. Listen to your knee.
  7. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    @Jamie , yes everyone is different.... Graston may not be good for some especially early the healing process. I am 52 year old female that is athletic with tight and since it appears robhunt3 is athletic and fit muscles going into surgery may sometime down his road of recovery may benefit the...
  8. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    @ robhunt3 I commented earlier. But since I gave suggestion from my recovery that helped me the admin moved my comments to my recovery page. I feel fortunate and benefited from PT and feel they pushed me appropriately. I had Graston technique starting at week 4 post op..which helped my...
  9. K

    TKR KTO's TKR Recovery Journey

    I am at 7 weeks post op and have been very fortunate with my progress. I started with PT 3x a week and now at 2x . My hamstring , quads, and hamstrings were very tight and my PT used instruments for deep tissue massage and it helped greatly. I get it done every session. It is tender when PT did...
  10. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    Thanks Rob, the whole city and neighboring towns are ecstatic! What a game! Glad Eagles came out on top.. the city celebrated like it was New Year's Eve and then some
  11. K

    TKR KTO's TKR Recovery Journey

    Hi , I am 4½ weeks post. Outside of my knee, calf and hamstring were painful and tight at times. My therapist just started "using a form of manual therapy known as soft-tissue instrument-assisted mobilization" some refer it to "Graston Technique" . I feel it has helped me greatly. This was not...
  12. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    Duh ... not "due" their job. But do "DO"
  13. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    So glad to read your "new knee was actually fine" Enjoy your "England beat Italy in the Rugby game" lets hope that is the only "England" win for today.... I am from Philadelphia area and rooting for the Eagle to beat New "England" Patriots in the Super Bowl. Rest up and let the antibiotics...
  14. K

    TKR Week 20 update...all good and getting better

    Hi Rob, while it is on my mind .. as I just completed massaging my incision site with Vit E 4 weeks post op....remember to ask your physical therapist/doctor about massaging your incision site with vitamin E after stitches or staples are removed .. my bandage and stitches were removed 13 days...
  15. K

    TKR Buckbuck’s new knee<

    Do you have discomfort at night?
Back
Top Bottom