Recent content by Kris_MN

  1. Kris_MN

    TKR Continuous Passive Motion machines

    In prepping for my surgery, my doctor prescribed me the RomTech machine. Which is very different than the CPM I had which my first knee replacement surgery 7-8 years ago. My insurance denied it (they DID cover the CPM device). I talked with the rep and he said out of pocket it’s $20 a day. I...
  2. Kris_MN

    TKR THC (cider) post surgery?

    My update - am a week and one day post op. The first two days were great with residual nerve block … then reality. Some what I’d consider normal pain but I feel like I’m able to manage it. I have the RomTech machine at home and do feel my range of motion is getting better with less pain...
  3. Kris_MN

    TKR THC (cider) post surgery?

    Hi all! I had my right knee replaced today. I’m home now and feeling good. I’ve been taking my ibuprofen and acetaminophen but am leery of using the Oxycodone and don’t feel like I need it. I’m concerned about sleeping tonight. A coworker a gave me a get well basket including THC cider … it...
  4. Kris_MN

    TKR THC (cider) post surgery?

    Hello all! I had a TKR on my right knee today. (Previously I have had my left knee and right hip replaced.) For my left knee (7-8 years ago), I was in the in the hospital for two nights. I was a bit nervous about this now being an outpatient procedure. We had to be at the surgical suites at...
  5. Kris_MN

    TKR TKR Outpatient?

    Hello! I am 53 and having my right knee replaced in December. I was very surprised to find out that it is outpatient surgery. When I had my left knee replaced in 2016 I spent two nights in the hospital. I’m curious how others have handled the surgery being outpatient? Has the surgery...
  6. Kris_MN

    2023 December Supernovas - Are you having Knee Surgery in December?

    I’m having TKR on my right knee on December 14. This will be my third replacement; previous had left TKR and right THR.
  7. Kris_MN

    THR Completed June 14 2018!

    I’m 6 days post op. Feeling good and getting around well. Compared to when I had my knee replaced, this is a dream! The biggest difference is actually sleeping! It was weeks post knee before I was able to get comfy so I’m pleased to be sleeping decently - especially since I was having...
  8. Kris_MN

    THR Completed June 14 2018!

    Hello all! I'm happy to be reporting from the post op side! I had my total hip replacement done on my right hip on Thursday, June 14. I had to be at the hospital at 8:00 a.m., was in surgery by 10:00 a.m., and was done and in my room by 1:00 p.m. My surgery was done via the anterior approach...
  9. Kris_MN

    It’s Friday but Monday is coming

    Congratulations and good luck! :D
  10. Kris_MN

    SI joint pain pre surgery anyone?

    I’m so hoping that my hip replacement helps with my back pain also. Chiropractor, massages, etc., has provided little to no relief. Makes sense that overcompensating causes stress on other areas but my biggest fear is that the back pain remains the same. :-/ But I’m hopeful!
  11. Kris_MN

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hello! I’m having my right hip replaced June 14. I’m looking forward to less pain and not having to always worry about pain ... “Can I ____ or will it hurt?” I had my left knee replaced in October of 2016. I lurked here a TON! Lots and lots of great information! Thank you! :wave:
  12. Kris_MN

    2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

    Hello! I’m definitely overweight and was under general anesthesia when I had my knee replaced in October of 2016. I do however have to do another preop ... maybe call you primary doctor if you’re concerned. :) I always struggle with my weight but especially now when I have such limited...
  13. Kris_MN

    Incautious optimism

    Your post so rings true with me. Either avoiding things that will hurt or pushing through in pain. (I went to a general admission concert the beginning of April and ended up walking back to the hotel after about half an hour of standing on concrete. :sick:) I think it’s good to be optimistic...
Back
Top Bottom