Recent content by Kprune

  1. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    I guess everyone has a different definition of "overdoing". I am a nurse, but I only work 3 nights a week. I walk, shop, amble, stroll...all the usual stuff. I don't run or jump. I really don't think I do too much. :shrug: I did 12 weeks of physical therapy. I have great extension and pretty...
  2. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    Hello all! Haven't posted in so long, been working and living! I am almost 9 months out and still feel about like I did at 2 months. I still have major swelling, tightness and pain. I know it takes a long time to heal from bilateral, but is this familiar to anyone?:sad::cry::cry:
  3. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    Thanks @DogLoverx3 ! It's good to know I'm "normal"!! @jeano i love the Jolly Roger flag on the door! That made me LOL! And I LOVE my TEDs! I guess I'm a two steps forward - one step back kinda gal. When it comes to recovery...okay maybe three forward and one back! :egypdance:
  4. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    Hello all! I'm in week 5 now! I think I am making great progress, but of course not as fast as I'd like! Swelling is still a problem. I'm wearing my Ted hose (thigh) still, hoping that's okay. Has anyone heard about time limits for teds? I like wearing them because I feel like they help with the...
  5. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    Hello RimRock! Thank you for your insight! I've done most of my sleepin on the recliner because my doctor told me not to put anything under my knees to sleep. The last two nights I've managed to sleep in my bed for about 2 hours, then I move to the recliner.:scare: When I sleep in the recliner...
  6. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    I decided to take your advice and on my days off I am doing less. I am still doing leg lifts and heel slides and a few other things. I am walking around more, and I've even gone shopping a few times. I haven't used my walker in over a week. I use a cane, mostly just as a precaution. What about...
  7. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    That's what I'm starting to think. My incision has been feeling hot. More on my left leg than right. No redness or drainage, just heat. A question for all: when I left the hospital on the 5th of Dec my flexion was at 90 and extension at 5 on my right knee and 93 and 3 on my left. I went to my...
  8. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    I look forward to it! I've wondered the same thing. It always takes a while the next day to get the inflammation back down again. I don't want to do little though!
  9. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    gazelle7777, NetballKnees, Thank you both for the encouraging words! Josephine, okay here goes: 1. Pain fluctuates from a 1-2 when on recliner, to a 6-7 at peak of PT, to perhaps a 5-6 at night when trying to get comfortable. I did my first PT session with a therapist (been doing my own at home...
  10. Kprune

    Bilateral TKR On the Other Side!

    Well, I had my surgery on Dec 2. I have tried several times to start a thread regarding my recovery, but when if typed for longer than 2 minutes I would fall fast asleep. So it's been 8 days now, and I'm alive but not quite kicking! Tomorrow I go for my first post-op visit and I'll get my...
  11. Kprune

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Welcome and good luck! I'm going for BTKR on the 2nd, watch for my recovery thread!
  12. Kprune

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Thank you amackness!! I don't actually know my time yet. I am either first or second on the schedule so that means hopefully I'll be done by 1200 central time. I guess right when you are dozing off I'll be waking up! Good luck and let's compare notes!
  13. Kprune

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    So glad to hear all of you say this! Yes I am obsessed and I swear I am having new pains every day! BTKR on Dec 2. It can't get here soon enough!! Good Luck to all my fellow December buddies!!
  14. Kprune

    More questions...

    I went to my pre-op class today. They talked a lot about PT, but also mentioned not over-doing it or causing pain or swelling. That made me feel much better!
  15. Kprune

    BTKR - how to take it all in given 6 weeks notice

    Irishkate- And here I wait, in pain, not sleeping, hardly walking and faking a great smile through it all. Yes! People always say they have no idea because I don't cry and complain. Maybe we should have!
Back
Top Bottom