Recent content by Kolleen

  1. K

    THR Thursday countdown & question for everyone

    I'm counting down to this Thursday 18/9/2025. Had my pre op yesterday. Only question that was tricky was about blood thinners. I had TRHR in May and it went great. Dr Green at Providence in Fullerton, California was amazing. I had almost no bruising and an easy recovery. In July I ended up in...
  2. K

    THR 3 Month Update

    I have had an interesting couple of months. In July, I had bleeding in colon. I had to go for an endoscopy and colonoscopy. It all was fine except for some inflammation, but nothing serious. I was on a soft special diet for 6 weeks. I also have bursitis in near my scar. I am going to physical...
  3. K

    THR 3 Month Update

    My LHR is scheduled for September 18. Denni444 we are THR buddies. We are having opposite hips done.
  4. K

    THR 3 Month Update

    At 5 weeks, I still take acetaminophen for some small pain. I'm starting to do things I haven't done for months and some in years. I'm still having to correct my right leg walk which takes concentration. I'm carrying my cane while trying to walk just in case I need it for balance. By night I'm...
  5. K

    THR 3 Month Update

    Before my anterolateral hip replacement in May, I went a little crazy buying everything I thought I might need after watching lots of YouTube. :) I bought some on Temu and some on Amazon. Here is what worked, didn't work and what I didn't need. I hope it helps. Oh I live in California, so I...
  6. K

    THR 3 Month Update

    Greetings! I finally am posting about my surgery. Sorry for the delay. I had my surgery at Providence Hospital in Fullerton, CA, US, by Dr. Tyler M. Green. I didn't think I was overly concerned about the surgery. My husband drove me to the hospital for check in at 9am. A delightful senior...
  7. K

    THR Coddfish’s second hip

    I understand how you feel having gone on cancer journeys twice. We're surgery date buddies I think the 21st?
  8. K

    THR 3 Month Update

    I posted in pre op, but not sure if this is the right place to post post op.
  9. K

    2025 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    How do I officially sign up as a May Marvel?
  10. K

    2025 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    I know Bonesmart because I had my LKR about 10 years ago. I have recommended it to many people over the years. I had a good recovery after my LKR, but I was younger and in much better physical shape. I'm concerned this time because I have severe lower leg pain that is below both knees since...
  11. K

    2025 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Greetings from Southern California, I have a tentative date for May 21st for my right hip and September 10th for my left. My first date is tentative because my surgeon is great and extremely busy. Another surgeon is going on vacation and they are trying to get his OR time. I have extremely...
  12. K

    TKR One down and one to go

    I didn't try to do the hold for 10 seconds anywhere near as early as you. Maybe just the leg lifts slowly? I'm in the do what feels right category.
  13. K

    TKR On the road to recovery

    Arg. I feel so bad for you. One thing I did was take Advil 800mg 3 times a day from week 2. It both helped with the pain and helped reduce swelling! That made it easier to do any exercise. If I felt overly stiff I did only 5 reps. I cut down the Advil to night time only when I started...
  14. K

    Bilateral TKR MUA at 8 weeks

    About your cpm, they told me to start where I left off the day before. I found by starting at the lowest setting each time and working my way back up was less stressful for my knee. Gave it time to get used to the movement before trying to move it up. I don't know if you are doing that, but I...
  15. K

    TKR 2 weeks, 2 days after LTKR, it's been tough

    Yes Diana, our cruise in November is looking good to go. However, November 2nd is the first shower for our daughters wedding next March. We are going to meet all the new in-laws, like 60 of them. We are feeling a bit daunted by that. I was wondering about my scar. It seems to change in...
Back
Top Bottom