Recent content by Knitquilt

  1. Knitquilt

    THR COVID restrictions and recovery

    I don’t know the protocol in BC, but I had a visiting nurse and a physical therapist come to the house for the first few weeks. That would also be a big help to you.
  2. Knitquilt

    THR LTHR Oct 22nd.

    I never played Pickleball before I had both my hips replaced. A year and a half after my second replacement, I began to play doubles without any difficulty or pain. Once it’s safe to do so, I will resume - I really miss it!!! Ask your doctor. Mine says I have no restrictions at all. Good luck -...
  3. Knitquilt

    THR First THR June 25 - very scared

    Good luck tomorrow! Just a short note to say I was playing Pickleball a year after my second surgery. I was pretty much a couch potato a few years before my surgeries because of the pain. I never thought I’d be able to be active again - but I can, and I love it! Get your ice ready - you can do this!
  4. Knitquilt

    THR Feeling very dizzy.

    Your description sounds like it may be positional vertigo. I experience this periodically and it doesn’t have anything to do with my hip surgeries. I have loose crystals in my ear canal and sometimes through certain movements they end up in the wrong part of the ear canal and make me dizzy. If...
  5. Knitquilt

    THR Recovery after 10/28/19 LTHR

    I can’t advise on the pain meds, but I iced and elevated almost constantly. Icing really was my best friend - I even brought a Playmate cooler into the bedroom at night so I would have my cold pack in the middle of the night. Perhaps icing and elevating more might bring you some relief?
  6. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    Congratulations, @Mojo333! I probably should have said I wore flats to dance - heels are still a no-no for me, but I can’t say that really bothers me. Lovely to “see” you and @Layla again! Wishing you both a happy and healthy summer!
  7. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    I danced the night away at my son’s wedding!!! And by dancing, I mean jumping up and down to the song Shout and dancing for hours. I was a bit sore that night and the next day, but Tylenol and a little time took care of the slight achiness. This is something I could never do in the previous few...
  8. Knitquilt

    THR Sudden thigh pain 5 months post op<^

    I took pictures of the xrays on the computer screen on my phone. You may not need the actual xray.
  9. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    @Layla Thanks for checking on me. I was feeling really well on the prednisone, but as I slowly reduced the dosage the pain returned. That was a week ago and the pain is still there, but much less now. Since I’m leaving for our mini-vacation tomorrow the PA gave me another round of prednisone (a...
  10. Knitquilt

    THR Psoasis Relief

    I think it’s common practice for the OR nurse to do the closing. My surgeon’s nurse said OS doctors leave surturing to the nurses who take time to insure the eventual scar looks good.
  11. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    Thanks @Alitm - Going to reread @1stSurgery thread later this afternoon when I come home. Busy day today - voted, looked at a quilt display at our local library, and now going to a friend’s house. Boy, it’s good getting back to regular life. Enjoy your brief respite between surgeries- I think...
  12. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    Thanks @Mojo333 and @Layla! We cancelled our vacation this summer so I’m very anxious to just get away and relax. We rented a house right on the ocean and although it will be cold, it will be so relaxing to see and hear the waves, look for ocean birds, hunt for sea glass ... As an added bonus...
  13. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    Well, today is my two month anniversary for my left hip and I’m way late in posting my progress.I could give a myriad of reasons, but it probably all comes down to procrastination. Last Friday I finally saw the surgeon’s assistant because my 6 week post-op visit kept getting postponed...
  14. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    Thank you Jaycey - I ‘ve tried a few of the gentle hamstring stretches and they actually feel good when I’m doing them. And sitting on an ice pack is probably helping too - glad this didn’t happen in the middle of winter- Also happy to hear that I may not have caused this - I’ve been trying to...
  15. Knitquilt

    THR Second round ... and I sure hope it goes as well as the first

    Thanks @Jaycey. I appreciate the article and will try the hamstring stretches a bit later this morning. I will be gentle - the Piriformis stretches were way out of my league! How long did the pain last for you? And do you think you did anything to cause it? I’m wondering if walking up the...
Back
Top Bottom