THR LTHR Oct 22nd.

siobhan

Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi all thanks for all the support. I've finally got my surgery date post covid 19 restrictions. Hope u all are safe and well. Does anyone play pickleball I'm anxious to continue post surgery and would love to hear of other experiences. X

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm glad you have a surgery date, @siobhan . I've added it to your signature and I will add your name to the October Feisties surgery list.

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
You're welcome!

Here's some reading, to help you prepare for your surgery:

Score Chart: How bad is my arthritic hip?
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
BMI Calculator - What to do if your surgeon says you're too heavy for joint replacement surgery
Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:
Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

leejaa

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
It is wonderful that you have a surgical date. I am sure it cannot come soon enough as you have been waiting. I do not play pickle ball but I think I remember reading on the recovery pages of some who have gone back to playing after recovery.

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:) :-) (:I believe @Knitquilt was a pickleball enthusiast who was back to playing after healing from THR.
Maybe she will pop in?

Eman85

post-grad
Country
Others have questioned about playing pickleball on the forums. It seems if you have an unrealistic timeline about playing it doesn't seem to work out. I don't play but from what I've seen it's doubles and should be doable once fully healed.

Knitquilt

Country
I never played Pickleball before I had both my hips replaced. A year and a half after my second replacement, I began to play doubles without any difficulty or pain. Once it’s safe to do so, I will resume - I really miss it!!!
Ask your doctor. Mine says I have no restrictions at all.
Good luck - it’s a great way to have fun while being active,

OP
OP
siobhan

siobhan

Country
Ireland Ireland
hi fellow october feisties.
im so happy to be part of this group. hopefully we can all support each other through this difficult and challinging process. i have a query re pain managment pre- op.. .im on xprim 37.5 mg 2 tabs twice a day ive tried alot of other meds and find this suits best however my pharmacist not my gp has expressed some concern in relation to withdraws from this drug and feels i shouldnt be taking this much. anyone else have any experience with it, much appreciate any advice.

Pumpkln

Country
@siobhan
You'll notice that I have copied your newest post to your Pre-op thread.
Your post remains in the October Feisties with a link to this thread. Please post questions or concerns about your surgery here, the October Feisties thread is for you to find your fellow THR buddies.
Thank you!

Pumpkln

Country
I had to look up xprim, and see it is a combination of Tylenol (paracetamol) and Tramadol, only available in Ireland and France.
Ask your MD about the xprim, and take their advice. You need pain control between now and your surgery, this seems to work for you. IMO if it were me I would stick with what works.
I think your pharmacist was just alerting you to the possibility of withdrawal when you quit xprim.

All opioids including synthetic ones like tramadol are a risk for withdrawal. Generally after your THR you will gradually reduce your dose as your pain goes down, avoiding withdrawal or having mild symptoms.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mmpc123
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom