Recent content by Kitsmom

  1. Kitsmom

    THR And so, I Continue

    @gullimac @Cynthia777 I haven't felt like I've needed the cane for awhile but still take it out with me as a visual aid for other people so they don't knock me over, lol! It's also good for pointing at things, waving at threatening looking teenagers (who might knock me over), and sometimes if I...
  2. Kitsmom

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Hello from another Mom! I'm 6 weeks post op and have 3 kids. I just wanted to tell you that each day will get better, you will feel better, the kids will survive. I've felt like I'm losing it, lost it, and then you just move on. It will get better. Your husband will survive too, mine has...
  3. Kitsmom

    Brain fog

    You're so close to surgery day! You must be excited :) RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
  4. Kitsmom

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Thanks @dandy_candi things are going well! I'm now 5 1/2 weeks post-op. In general, I feel great, no more arthritis pain, just soreness near incision, and sometimes my muscles ache. I'm only using a cane when I go out as a visual aid for other people to not knock me over, lol! Tomorrow I'm...
  5. Kitsmom

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Hello friends! Haven't posted for awhile as everything has been going quite well and family life has been busy. As of today, we have an extra child living with us for one week! (I've got 3 kids aged 16, 13 and 9, so our house guest makes 4!) Our daughter (the 13 yr old) is in a French...
  6. Kitsmom

    THR Lucky the new hip - outpatient style!

    Congrats on the new hip! Looking forward to reading your recovery thread :) --Robin RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
  7. Kitsmom

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Thanks @Arlene56 :) RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
  8. Kitsmom

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Well, it figures, after a good day yesterday, I had a rotten day today. It was constipation :( I had a four hour period of time that seemed like the worst thing to happen to me in my life! I never want to be in that situation again. Please give me your tips on diet, laxatives, etc.. I will...
  9. Kitsmom

    THR Toddlermom - one down!!

    Hello, Just caught up reading your posts and wanted to say hi. Totally know what you mean about life pulling you back in...I feel it coming already. Almost makes me want to downplay my progress and improvement to husband, kids, everyone else, so that their expectations are low and I can...
  10. Kitsmom

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Slept for 15 hours after my last post...listening to my body :) I love sleep and always have! Went to the doctor today and had all staples removed...the incision line is very even and fully closed, yay! The nurse who did it thought it looked great, so that made me feel good. I had no...
  11. Kitsmom

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Thanks for all the positive comments! Day 12 here. Things have been improving daily. I think after my last post (Friday) my Mom left...what a trooper, she was here for 9 days helping out with our kids and then with me after I was home from the hospital. My Dad came in on Saturday, took our...
  12. Kitsmom

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Thinking about you today and hip #2!! You will do great and it will be interesting to read if there are differences between this hip and the first one...one thing's for sure you're going to have a brand new matching set! :) --Robin RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral...
  13. Kitsmom

    THR And so, I Continue

    Thinking about you today and wishing you good luck! Also looking forward to reading your recovery feed. :) --Robin RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
  14. Kitsmom

    THR Miss Muffet proudly presents - her new hips

    Amazing cake...so cute! RTHR, MIS (minimally invasive surgery), posterolateral approach, Feb. 15, 2016-cancelled :( waiting for a new date
  15. Kitsmom

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Thanks for all the advice on swelling, I was feeling good and think I did too much, which continued on to the next day...Day 7..." the best (a.m.) turned to worst (p.m.) day since the surgery and first time that I cried post surgery. Long story short, I was in considerable pain after being on...
Back
Top Bottom