Recent content by Khaspi

  1. Khaspi

    TKR the pain due

    Not fun. Can you get some ice going?
  2. Khaspi

    2020 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    I am returning to Bonesmart for support with a TKR on June 17th on the left side. I had a THR in 9/2018 also on the left, and was involved with the forum then. I appreciate having the help and information!
  3. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Hi @Josephine I guess I’m addressing anyone who has experience. Sorry for being confusing! It’s complicated. I’ve had an arthritic left knee for years. I put off surgery, then my left hip started hurting. The orthopedic doctor said both were bone on bone. He would do the hip surgery first...
  4. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    :flwrysmile:Hey! I’ve put off posting because I’ve been waiting for test results. Now, I know that all MRI’s and the vascular and blood clot test have been negative. That’s good! But I’m still experiencing numbness and weakness in my calf and foot. :bored: I’m pretty sure it is femoral nerve...
  5. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Thank you @Layla, I appreciate your encouragement so much. I think PT is helpful at this point. The new hip is doing fine, so we aren’t focusing on that. My leg muscles were wasted before the surgery, so we are working on building them back up. At least the ones that I can move! I’m getting a...
  6. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Here is an update of my recovery at week 13. My hip seems to be doing well. But I’m still having other problems that resulted from the surgery. I continue to have some numbness from the knee down through the foot. I don’t have full range of motion in my ankle. I can’t move my calf forward from...
  7. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Week 9... Looks like I might have a bit of “foot drop”. I don’t have any strength in my calf either. The Dr ordered a brace, MRI, and more individualized PT. :tiredwheel: (I had been going to a group class for hips and knees.) Waaa!:bawl: I didn’t want to be the small % that had issues! I’m...
  8. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Thanks Layla! I’m not feeling much pain so I’m so much better off than before surgery, in that way. Now to work on mobility! :happydance:
  9. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Thank you! And best wishes for your upcoming surgery! You are getting them all done one right after the other...getting them out of the way! Amazing! :yes!: @Mojo333 Oh yeah... the getting up! Everyone was telling me what to do, how to get up, but I couldn’t do it. I finally ended up pulling...
  10. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Well...here I am...heading into week 8. I’m not where I thought I’d be, but I’m better than I was last time you heard from me. It’s definitely baby steps now. I mentioned before, I am bone on bone in my knee on the surgery side. That has become an issue in my recovery, and also the residual...
  11. Khaspi

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    Today I tried going out with a cane only. Whoa...totally different than using the cane at home. I felt very insecure and shaky. I had one time when my knee buckled coming off a curb. Luckily my husband caught me. Then two more times at home it happened and I caught myself with a wall. After...
  12. Khaspi

    Hip Arthroscopy Femoral Nerve Damage?<

    I had THR about 6 weeks ago. I'm also experiencing the same thing. I still have numbness in my knee and calf with weakness in my foot. My leg buckles sometimes too. :shrug: Not fun. I’m assuming this is nerves and will resolve eventually. I guess it can take several months. I’m trying to go...
  13. Khaspi

    THR 5 Weeks Out<

    Thank you! :) Taking it easy is such a foreign concept these days, isn’t it? But it makes such good sense. And, the patience muscle is an important one to keep using! I’m finding that what is a big deal today, will be small tomorrow, or in a day or two. Things seem to work themselves out, and...
  14. Khaspi

    THR Finally life on the road to be mine<

    I got an extra cushion for my car seat. It gives more support and I’m able to keep my hip from dropping down deep in the seat. It’s softer and keeps my hip from banging the seat with the bumps. I think it’s helped me be able to drive a lot longer than I would without it. I too drive to visit my...
Back
Top Bottom