Khaspi
junior member
Hey!I’ve put off posting because I’ve been waiting for test results. Now, I know that all MRI’s and the vascular and blood clot test have been negative. That’s good! But I’m still experiencing numbness and weakness in my calf and foot.

I’m pretty sure it is femoral nerve damage, because of my symptoms. But, I seem to get a tiny bit better each day, so I have hopes of a full recovery. I’m off of the walker and using a cane now. I can walk without it, but I limp and am somewhat unstable. I need a knee replacement, on that same side, and my knee is painful. But, my surgeon won’t operate until this is resolved.

My physical therapist asked me the other day if I was going to have the same surgeon do my knee. He is wondering how I am supposed to recover when my knee is so messed up. So now I am wondering if I should look into getting a second opinion.

I don’t think the surgeon was negligent, except for maybe not considering my arthritic knee during the process. But, I’m now wondering if waiting for the knee surgery is the only answer.
What do you think? You have seen a lot of situations. Have you run into anything like this?


Robin
United States

I’ll let you know how things go.