Guest viewing is limited

THR 5 Weeks Out<

:flwrysmile:Hey!
I’ve put off posting because I’ve been waiting for test results. Now, I know that all MRI’s and the vascular and blood clot test have been negative. That’s good! But I’m still experiencing numbness and weakness in my calf and foot. :bored:

I’m pretty sure it is femoral nerve damage, because of my symptoms. But, I seem to get a tiny bit better each day, so I have hopes of a full recovery. I’m off of the walker and using a cane now. I can walk without it, but I limp and am somewhat unstable. I need a knee replacement, on that same side, and my knee is painful. But, my surgeon won’t operate until this is resolved. :no-fin:

My physical therapist asked me the other day if I was going to have the same surgeon do my knee. He is wondering how I am supposed to recover when my knee is so messed up. So now I am wondering if I should look into getting a second opinion. :what:

I don’t think the surgeon was negligent, except for maybe not considering my arthritic knee during the process. But, I’m now wondering if waiting for the knee surgery is the only answer.

What do you think? You have seen a lot of situations. Have you run into anything like this? :shrug:
:thankyou:
Robin
 
I'm glad some of the worrisome tests have come back negative but I'm really sorry you don't have a clear direction in regard to what will be best going forward.
Let's tag @Josephine and see what she thinks.
Beautiful avatar pic!
 
What do you think? You have seen a lot of situations. Have you run into anything like this?
Robin, who were you addressing this post to?

I've read through your thread but am quite unable to discern what 'situation' you are referring to. Perhaps I just missed it!
 
Hi @Josephine I guess I’m addressing anyone who has experience. Sorry for being confusing! It’s complicated.

I’ve had an arthritic left knee for years. I put off surgery, then my left hip started hurting. The orthopedic doctor said both were bone on bone. He would do the hip surgery first, then the knee, after recovery of the hip surgery. :thumb:

I had the left hip done 9/24/18. I have had numbness,testing pain, and weakness in that leg that has not gone away. I cannot walk on it since the surgery, and must use a cane. I’ve had 2 MRI’s done, vascular and blood clots testing. All have been negative. So, I guess we can assume it’s nerve damage from the surgery. From what I’ve read, my symptoms line up with femoral nerve damage.

The orthopedic doctor won’t do surgery on my knee until this is resolved. So if the nerve damage does not heal I’m stuck with a painful bad knee. It seems to be getting a little better as time goes on. I just hope it continues. :praying:

Recovery has been hard also, because of my arthritic knee. It has a short range of motion. A few things have been said by my physical therapist that makes me wonder if I should get a different doctor and/or a second opinion. I’m open to insights and suggestions! :what:

Thanks for listening! :flwrysmile:
Robin
 
Hello :wave:
While I have no advice, I'm sorry for the situation you're in. The uncertainty of why you're not progressing as you'd hoped is disheartening. I hope you find answers and relief soon so that you're able to address your knee. Wishing you comfort In the interim. I will look forward to Jo's response.
@Khaspi
 
You've already answered my questions. Did you actually read my answers? Because my initial feelings are that you never did.
 
Hi Robin, for what it's worth I would do both. I'd stop PT until you know what you're dealing with, hopefully through a second opinion. Wishing you comfort as you move forward. We'll be here for support if you need us. I hope you have a peaceful weekend.
@Khaspi

@Josephine, @Layla
Thanks, I appreciate your responses. :idea: I’ll let you know how things go.

@Mojo333 @tollertwins
Thanks for noticing my avatar! I love that pic!
It’s not of me. It’s from that TV show Downton Abbey.
:fasthorse:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom