Recent content by kgang1957

  1. kgang1957

    TKR New brand new Knee

    Hmmm, heat? Never had heat applied after PT, only ice. I thought heat could make the swelling worse, but will let Josephine address this. I'm 10 weeks out now and still go to PT 2x/week and still ice everyday after my home exercises. The only time I was told to use heat was to the back of my...
  2. kgang1957

    TKR New brand new Knee

    tmwillia CONGRATULATIONS! Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
  3. kgang1957

    TKR Sharing my experience . . . so far

    GimpyGal, I'm just 8 weeks post RTKR and just started working on the step over step today at PT. They had me stepping on and off a small rise like they use in aerobic classes, but stepping up with the new knee and down with the old knee, opposite of what we've been taught to do going one step at...
  4. kgang1957

    TKR Sharing my experience . . . so far

    Ordered mine, but haven't arrived yet. Sure could use them now, calling for sleet and snow here today in the Northeast. Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
  5. kgang1957

    TKR 8 months post TKR and still swollen

    8 weeks today RTKR and just finished the best PT session I've had in weeks and it's all because I listened to everyone and read everything on this site about what is not "normal" pain, i.e. stiffness, tightness, etc. I just couldn't justify taking narcotics for this, but I did suffer from it...
  6. kgang1957

    TKR New brand new Knee

    My OS never said or told me what he expected when I saw him at 6 weeks. He was more worried that I couldn't straighten out my leg. I was at -12 of extension from years of just slightly bending that knee when standing because it felt better that way! So I was more focused on that and got it...
  7. kgang1957

    TKR New brand new Knee

    I'm at 8 weeks tomorrow and 95 ROM. I think in the beginning we are all so hung up on the number that we create anxiety over it, at least I know I did. The more I read on this site the more I am truly trying to ignore that dreaded number. I'm going to start judging my range on how my knee...
  8. kgang1957

    TKR Overdid it yesterday

    I know and from reading everyone's posts I feel better about what ROM I do have. I also should be happy cause it's better than I had pre-op! Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
  9. kgang1957

    TKR Overdid it yesterday

    Everything turned out just fine. Radiologist read the ultrasound before I left and said all was A-ok. Whew! So went back over to check in with my therapist who told me to back off on the calf stretches she added last week! No need to tell me twice as those suckers burned! Such a relief.
  10. kgang1957

    TKR Overdid it yesterday

    I knew my journey was maybe too smooth. I'm awaiting an ultrasound at 2:15 to rule out blood clot in calf of my operated leg. Was at PT earlier when I had some definite tenderness in that right calf and that ended my session rather abruptly! I'm supposed to fly next week to Florida so I sure...
  11. kgang1957

    TKR Overdid it yesterday

    I did reschedule my PT for tomorrow morning instead. Today will be spent icing and elevating. Should I take any NSAIDs today, too? I don't usually, but thought they might help in this situation. Thanks!
  12. kgang1957

    TKR Overdid it yesterday

    The gym was okay, the knee felt great, but I should've stopped there and forgot about the grocery shopping! After walking the aisles, pushing the cart to the car and loading up, I knew I was in for it. At that point, that's when the knee started feeling a bit "tight" so I immediately went home...
  13. kgang1957

    TKR Overdid it yesterday

    Well, I'm pretty sure I over did things yesterday. Yesterday evening and this morning knee is tight and just a bit sore. I was elevating/icing all evening and yet this morning it still just doesn't feel as good as usual. I started out taking the dog for a 6 block round trip walk, then I went...
  14. kgang1957

    TKR Sharing my experience . . . so far

    Thank you, Josephine, for the info on the Yaktracs. I just ordered myself a pair. I was worried also about the snow and ice....I live in Philadelphia, PA in a rowhouse with lots of steps just to get into the house. These will come in very handy, I'm sure. This site is just such a wealth of...
Back
Top Bottom