Recent content by kcolle49

  1. kcolle49

    THR Rough Hospital Stay

    So sorry about your hospital stay, my nurses were very helpful with pain meds. I also had two blood transfusions very unexpected. I'm four months post THR on the 25th of July and finally feel like myself. Doctor took me out of physical therapy due to PT working me to hard, he had me start my own...
  2. kcolle49

    THR and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia

    @PA Gal I had CFS for many many years. I was diagnosed when they didn't even know what it was yet. I did everything I could to get stabilized. Acupuncture worked best for me. I have been in remission. My biggest fear with my THR was the stress on my system, there is always the fear I might...
  3. kcolle49

    THR Hip Replacement because of fibrous dysplasia

    @j33p I sure have learned the hard way we are all so different in our recovery. I got such a slow start and had to use my walker longer, and cane longer. Even started inpatient Physcial therapy many weeks after I was scheduled to start. And now at 2 3/4 post surgery months and only about six...
  4. kcolle49

    THR Stripey joins the hippies!

    Congratulations @Stripey you made it! I didn't sleep much for the first night or two. I am a right side sleeper and it was my right hip. I hope all goes smoothly and life becomes so much easier.
  5. kcolle49

    THR I've been on "the other side" for over 3½ weeks. . .

    @Me2 I thought I was the only one who wanted to see and take home my femoral head. They didn't give it to me. I felt sad about having to let it go and wanted to have it.
  6. kcolle49

    THR Insexec THR Update - Take Two

    Hi, I had hip pain in the left non operated hip after surgery. Never had it before. My Doctor told me the way I was walking for many months before the surgery (surfing furniture as my PT calls it) had put a lot of stress on the other hip. Because I was taking pain pills before the surgery due to...
  7. kcolle49

    THR Sharri Reaches the other side!!!

    Sharri, So glad to hear you are on the other side and doing well. So exciting to stand up for the first time and not feel like your bones are clanging. Keep us posted. Happy healing!
  8. kcolle49

    THR 8 weeks out and not happy

    THR 3/25/14 About 10 weeks Post Op. I relate to your post, some days I am discouraged. I have not wished I could go back because some tasks have gotten so much better. Started back to work for a few hours felt good. Then a few days of not so good. Found out today from the Physical therapy...
  9. kcolle49

    THR Tie your shoes?

    I found a great post in leg length difference after surgery area I can't find again. It talked about the recovery when you have a pelvis with a tilt which I have. I found out in the post that the muscles and the tendons had lengthened and or shortened around the hip to accommodate the tilt...
  10. kcolle49

    THR Tie your shoes?

    Sometimes I feel like a child regarding my shoes. I am also so impatient about the basics. Found out today trying to sit without breaking the 90 rule I have been stressing my SI joint. Will be watching that. I didn't exercise for 10 years before surgery, other things led to undermining the only...
  11. kcolle49

    THR Tie your shoes?

    Thank you Sandee for your story. I am amazed each day as I read the posts how miraculous and difficult this process can be. My PT helped me work on a new way to try and get my shoe on and tie it on friday. I am quite stiff from years of not being able to do much due to an SI joint and my hip...
  12. kcolle49

    THR Tie your shoes?

    Hi, I am 8 weeks THR right hip. My Physcial therapist showed me how to lay down in bed on my left non operated side with a pillow between my legs and knees bent feet facing back, I can stretch the sock open with my fingers and reach around to my foot and slip the sock on. I wear a half sock...
  13. kcolle49

    THR 5 weeks

    Surgery 3/25/14.....2 months.....Finally moving forward from the slowest lane....started PT at Orthopedic Institute. Ice is my new best friend. Therapist wants 20 reps of 15 exercises 2 to 3 sessions a day everyday in-between our sessions. Too much for me. Muscle right behind the incision is not...
  14. kcolle49

    THR 5 weeks

    3/25/14 Surgery. Smythe & Nephew titanium hip. Six-week appointment with my surgeon today. Healing as it should be, bone growth around new hip is very good, no slipping parts. My right leg was 3/8 longer before surgery and hip problem had twisted my SI joint, by some miracle post surgery I am...
  15. kcolle49

    THR 5 weeks

    Saturday, trying to keep my spirits up with new pain in 5 1/2 week THR. I was walking so well, had almost no pain. Set backs small or large cause me to question and focus on what might be wrong. Obsessive compulsive thoughts are not a plus for THR. For today I can change my attitude and...
Back
Top Bottom