Guest viewing is limited

THR 5 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great report from your doctor. I am about 10 days behind you and am looking for as good a report from my doctor!
 
It's good that you feel so positive about the future!
That's a milestone!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Surgery 3/25/14.....2 months.....Finally moving forward from the slowest lane....started PT at Orthopedic Institute. Ice is my new best friend. Therapist wants 20 reps of 15 exercises 2 to 3 sessions a day everyday in-between our sessions. Too much for me. Muscle right behind the incision is not happy with 2 of the exercises, the next day the incision stings and the whole area around it is terribly tender to the touch. She is not the boss of me my body is telling me to wait on those two. Getting stronger each day. I can walk without a cane now! However at only 2 months (feels like forever) I am still taking it with me everywhere I go, and using it, muscles are not strong enough to handle long adventures. Went out with my camera to shoot for the first time yesterday what a joy to be able to move about without the pre surgery pain. I am hopeful, I am careful, I am grateful for this level of healing. Also grateful for the posts on this site. Learning so much. kathy
 
Great progress! Wow -- walking without a cane... Am so jealous. And you are absolutely "the boss of you" when it comes to PT that makes you hurt. 20 reps of 15 exercises x 2-3 daily sounds like a lot to me... Be careful. You're doing terrifically -- don't undo all the good stuff by OVERdoing. Just sayin'...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom