Recent content by Kayte

  1. K

    TKR Shiny new knee doing great

    Why thank you, @sistersinhim! Very kind of you to say that. Day 14 Another good day. My PT visit was relatively gentle and my ROM is improving. The only goof up was my own fault. I was warming up on the bicycle rocking back and forth and started to chat with a fellow PT patient on the bike...
  2. K

    TKR Shiny new knee doing great

    Thanks @mikebob (Day 13) Today was a good day for me. Less pain medicine and I was pretty active. Made the beds, cleaned the kitchen and emptied the refrigerator of old leftovers (husband won't eat leftovers and apparently doesn't toss them either.) I did a load of laundry so my, ahem...
  3. K

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    @mikebob Reading about your surgery and recovery has been fascinating. The pain treatment method sounds intriguing and something I wish I had an opportunity to use. In my opinion you were able to get around sooner and easier without narcotics. I haven't had a chance to ask my friend, Mr...
  4. K

    TKR Shiny new knee doing great

    The swelling has gone down somewhat since that difficult PT session the day before yesterday and my knee is less stiff. It's not as flexible as it was before, but I'll gently get it back. Today was my first adventure outside except for going to PTorture. It was a surprise to me how exhausting...
  5. K

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    I'll ask my daughter about essential oils. She know a bit about that stuff. I just know that some of them smell really good. That's the extent of my knowledge. :smile2:
  6. K

    TKR When will the swelling end?

    To all those women who will be chasing you down, just keep repeating, "resistance is futile." :heehee: I've read your complete thread and glad to note you are improving. (And your knee is getting better too.)
  7. K

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Your pup and kitty are adorable! It looks like they take their recovery duties very seriously. I will speak up for your doggy and take his side on the treat delivery. I suggest you increase the amount and frequency of the treats to your devoted doggy-nurse. As for your kitty, that napping is...
  8. K

    TKR Blood clot in knee 2 days after surgery

    Wow, the blood clot sounds awful. No wonder your pain meds didn't have much effect. Sorry you had to go back to hospital. Hope the clot shrinks quickly and completely. I'm glad you are able to manage your pain better now. Keeping on schedule works for me and hope it does for you too. Don't get...
  9. K

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    @KarriB I read your thread, wow, you've been through a lot! I really appreciate how you've helped me and so many others. I just wanted to comment on something that jumped out to me in your thread... you are from Pittsburgh and go to Bethany Beach Delaware. I live in Tennessee and our family...
  10. K

    TKR One year later and all is well

    I'm so sorry you feel your recovery isn't going well. I heard some of the same expectations from my PT. I thought I was either not doing well or maybe I wasn't tough enough for the exercises and forced stretching. That is, until I started reading and learning from this website. I've been...
  11. K

    TKR Shiny new knee doing great

    @KarriB, Thank you for the link with stretches for extension. I found the information really helpful. I had less swelling before Thursday's PT and my extension was better also. It makes perfect sense that swelling decreases the extension measurement. I have a better understanding of the...
  12. K

    TKR Shiny new knee doing great

    Hi @becticu, I had to laugh a little when you said educational material doesn't stick in your brain as well as it used. That is exactly how I feel. I think I'm doing fine then can't remember my left hand from my right. Haha! Yesterday I had another PT session but my main therapist was not there...
  13. K

    TKR Shiny new knee doing great

    Thanks Marc. I'm optimistic about my recovery as it's been pretty smooth except for PT today. I'm trying to decide how to approach the next session. I cannot handle the kind of pain I felt today. I'm willing to work towards success but not force my joint to move into positions I'm not ready...
  14. K

    TKR Shiny new knee doing great

    Thank you KarriB. At first I used my husband's belt to lift my leg straight up onto the bed or chair. Then I found if I turn slightly I could lift my leg by myself using muscles on the outside of my leg. (Hip abductors, maybe?) So I stopped using the belt. I never thought to try and use the...
  15. K

    TKR LTKR 2-20-2017

    Oh, I'm so sorry this happened to you. And thank you for sharing your experience as a warning to those of us just starting the recovery journey. All my best.
Back
Top Bottom