TKR Shiny new knee doing great

Why thank you, @sistersinhim! Very kind of you to say that.

Day 14
Another good day. My PT visit was relatively gentle and my ROM is improving.

The only goof up was my own fault. I was warming up on the bicycle rocking back and forth and started to chat with a fellow PT patient on the bike next to me. She was at 8 weeks and pedaling nicely. For some reason my brain said I should do a full rotation too - so boom, I went all the way around. OMG! I shot up off the bike in pain and fear. My neighbor realized exactly what I did and tried to help by getting me to breathe and relax. She called out to therapists from across the room and they came running over to see if I was ok. I was. I just needed a little time for the throbbing to ease off. If it didn't hurt so much it would have been funny. :scaredycat:I guess I subconsciously got a little competitive with my fellow bicyclist.

Tomorrow my staples will be removed. I'm happy about that!

I'm glad you're OK. It must have given you quite a fright.
Treat your knee to lots of extra elevation and icing this evening.

Hi @Kayte, I had to laugh and cry because the same thing happened to me. I wasn't talking to anyone but I accidently did a rotation. It did hurt and took lots of icing and elevation! That was 2 weeks ago. I'm happy to say that I can do rotations easily now at PT. Last night at home I was able to do rotations on my bike here at home. That seat wouldn't go back as far as at PT so it was more difficult kit. Woo, woo! It sounds like things are going well and I loved to read your adventures with hubby doing laundry and shopping. I think my husband and yours could be brothers... My laundry room was downstairs so the first two weeks I had to depend on him to do it. I sorted everything upstairs and threatened if he changed anything around! Grocery shopping has been an adventure as well. I haven't braved the store yet but thinking I might try a short little trip. I think you can actually order at Walmart and then just pick them up now. I'm not sure if Publix and other stores do that yet or not. Take care and watch out for that bike!

Do any of you have shop on line with store pick up? The Walmart near me does it and I've seen the shoppers with different carts/baskets for on line shoppers. If you go yourself use a motorized cart for now. It'll be a few weeks before your knee can do the walking required for a grocery store.

Your knee will need lots of extra TLC tonight and tomorrow. But, you know the ROM is there when your knee is ready for it!

Hi @Kayte, I haven't seen you on in a while and wanted to check and see how you are doing?:fingersx:
Becky

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks