Recent content by katie830

  1. katie830

    Bilateral TKR Rosemary's BTKRs Journey

    Happy Spring from New Braunfels! I've been reading your posts and am amazed at the exercises your PT had you do. My left knee is hurting just thinking about it!! And you had both knees done...WOW you are brave:yay:. I had my surgery locally and am doing very well. Sometimes have trouble with...
  2. katie830

    PKR Need HELP with Long Term & Short Term Disabiity Pay

    Thinking of you. Hoping you are feeling better and getting disability mess straightened out. Keep us posted.........we care!! :flwrysmile:
  3. katie830

    PKR Need HELP with Long Term & Short Term Disabiity Pay

    @Bionic woman2....don't you just love HR in school districts! :hairpulling: I can't believe what they have put you through. You should have papers with info about start and stop dates for STD w/amount to be paid. Also should have info about start and stop dates for LTD w/amount to be paid...
  4. katie830

    TKR To the Other Side and Home

    Rest Assured......There is no way I could watch the real deal with the knee surgery :sick: . So glad that wasn't a pre-req for having the surgery. Congrats to all you brave people who watched it...Katie
  5. katie830

    TKR To the Other Side and Home

    BW2.....my tight band seems to be getting better. My leg/knee is almost in constant motion but not to the point of pain. If I'm in my recliner I am wiggling toes, sliding heals, massaging knee. When I get tired of that I walk around for a while or get on my bike for 20-30 minutes. Ice after...
  6. katie830

    TKR 2 weeks, 2 days after LTKR, it's been tough

    Kolleen.......so glad you had a good day and have extra in home PT visits. I started my in home last week. I have the same group from my TRHR. They are great! Good luck with your recovery and enjoy the good days....Katie :)
  7. katie830

    TKR To the Other Side and Home

    Visit with GP was good. She signed papers to start home health visits. Today is crying day.....haven't had one in a while and I don't like it. Is tightness around knee causing feeling of pain? Elevating is uncomfortable, pain pills causing upset stomach feeling. This is getting old and I am...
  8. katie830

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Mictm............Hoping that every day gets more comfortable for you. Surgery is over; welcome to the other side! You will get so much help from so many wonderful people here. This will be a memory soon........Katie
  9. katie830

    TKR To the Other Side and Home

    Wondering if I landed at the Funny Farm this morning:umm: . BW2 trying to snort pixie dust (oh, my!). Took me forever to figure connection with POT WUC and Elmer Fudd. Clapper would drive me crazy. Daughter stalker, I have not had a good night's sleep since before hip surgery in April; seems I'm...
  10. katie830

    TKR To the Other Side and Home

    Bionic woman2........do you think some of the dust under my bed might have been dropped by the magic fairy? Maybe I will check that out. Oh, wait!..........if I get down will I be able to get up? Will I have to call 911 for lift assist? Wishing us both good luck at finding some of that...
  11. katie830

    TKR To the Other Side and Home

    Having trouble sleeping at night? I found a solution for me... ice, pain meds, exercise and to BoneSmart until my body is ready for sleep again. There's always something going on here with new info, people coming out of surgery, etc. I can catch up on my sleep later when I am more comfortable...
  12. katie830

    TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

    Here's hoping your chains will come off soon. Enjoy the foot massages while you can get them! Katie
  13. katie830

    Bilateral TKR dinah's emerged! let the healing begin!

    So glad to hear from you and know you have made it to this side. Hope you can catch up on your lost sleep. Wishing you the best of recovery.......Katie
  14. katie830

    TKR Surgery Went Well

    I'm glad you are home and enjoying your little one. Post-op crying? Let it out:cry: . It sure makes me feel better. Hope your visit with the doctor goes well.......Katie
  15. katie830

    TKR To the Other Side and Home

    Diana...thanks for the welcome. I am icing, elevating, taking my pain meds. Seems my knee is in constant motion with gentle stretching or while on my bike. But with all of that, my knee feels so tight all the time and it hurts :boohoo: ! My ROM was 100 when dismissed from rehab; that's under...
Back
Top Bottom