Recent content by KathyB

  1. KathyB

    THR Day 2 and what's up with this stiffness?

    Hi @azcoolmom, have no fear regarding staple removal. I had 65 of them removed and other than a very slight pinch here and there it was pretty unnoticeable. The best to you as you continue to recover in the New Year:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
  2. KathyB

    Hello and Seasons Greetings to all preparing for or recovering from THR.

    Hi @Alitm, best wishes to you for a joyous holiday season and a healthy new year. Always enjoyed reading about your recovery and your desire to get back in the saddle again. Looking forward to hearing more about what you have been up to and how the horse riding is going.
  3. KathyB

    THR Happy Happy Hippo Recovery October 19

    Hi to all! I wanted to wish everyone a blessed holiday season. I am so very grateful for this site. I continue to improve and cannot remember the last time I had such good balance. My balance does waiver by the end of the day but it is still improving. Muscles continue to strengthen and I am...
  4. KathyB

    THR Day 2 and what's up with this stiffness?

    Hi @azcoolmom, this site will be a great comfort to you during your recovery journey. I did not have any outward swelling but could definitely feel swelling internally. Stiffness is quite normal. So important to follow the icing and elevating info @Layla sent you. Fatigue is also very normal...
  5. KathyB

    THR First timer ! 4 days post op

    Hi @Lugnut805, this site and all the administrators, moderators, advisors and members will be so very helpful to you as you recover. I was so blessed to have found this site and tell anyone I know facing joint replacement about it. Can't stress enough the importance of icing and elevating. I...
  6. KathyB

    THR Here We Go Again!

    @Barbaraj Have a wonderful time in the Cascades. We visited your beautiful Mt. Rainier NP a couple of years ago. Such a beautiful place.
  7. KathyB

    THR Heavy, pulling feeling?

    Hi @LHR2019, sorry to hear about all of your joint difficulties. One of the advisors will be along soon to answer your concerns regarding your meds and to give you lots of information regarding the importance of icing and elevating, PT and other recovery related subjects. Bone Smart is such a...
  8. KathyB

    THR Hip Replacement-9 weeks still limping

    Hi @Teresawebb, I had a very bad limp for a good year prior to my THR. At 9 weeks post op I was still using a walker as my muscles had weakened so much that I would limp without it or if I tried to use a cane. I think for me the weak muscles were the cause of my limping as well as having to...
  9. KathyB

    THR Here We Go Again!

    Oh @Barbaraj I am so sorry the roller is giving you such a bad result. I would never have guessed a foam roller would be something PT would want you to do this early post op. I was doing it a couple of years pre THR as a means of loosening up the IT Band. Although it was painful while using the...
  10. KathyB

    THR Kitty's Recovery Thread

    @Kittybrown I started sleeping on my non op side at about 4 months post op, I had posterior approach. At that time I could only tolerate side sleeping for about 20 minutes or so. It took about another month or so until I was able to sleep on my non op side for as long as I wanted. I didn't sleep...
  11. KathyB

    THR A new world..there better be coffee

    @mainegirl1 Visited your beautiful Maine and Acadia NP a few years ago. Gorgeous place! Enjoy hearing about and picturing in my mind the places and activities in which your are engaging. You certainly don't let the proverbial grass grow under your feet. The best to you in your continued recovery.
  12. KathyB

    THR Here We Go Again!

    @Barbaraj Sorry about the gloomy PNW weather you are experiencing but I am selfishly somewhat happy about it since it is what has finally cooled our SoCal weather and may even promise some light rain this weekend. Very cloudy today and only in the mid 70's (it was in the mid 90's two days ago)...
  13. KathyB

    Revision THR Dislocation following revision

    @melquist Hi, sorry to hear about your revision dislocation. I agree with @Eman85 regarding the bedside commode. I had one of these to use over our regular toilet during recovery. It is height adjustable and has arms to use while rising and lowering and is sturdy. I am over 5' 7" and continue to...
  14. KathyB

    THR Here We Go Again!

    @Barbaraj So sorry you are under the weather (no pun intended).:heehee: Head colds are the worst in that they can drag on for what seems like forever. Hope the NyQuil knocks you out and you wake up to some sunshine. Your housework "workout" certainly does count as exercise and an appreciative...
  15. KathyB

    THR 8 weeks post-op hip replacement

    @hippy723 I can't believe all you have been able to do at just 8 weeks post op. Everyone progresses at different rates so it is pretty much an individual thing when it comes to over doing. I think the experience of having set backs is quite normal and the set backs are what teach us to gauge...
Back
Top Bottom