Recent content by KarenKat

  1. KarenKat

    THR KarenKats recovery thread

    Hi @Layla, thanks so much for your lovely message......I’m so enjoying my new pain free life ! Still a bit stiff at times, particularly getting up from the floor and after sitting for a while but steadily improving- sore swollen knee on operated side( twisted during surgery ? ) has thankfully...
  2. KarenKat

    THR KarenKats recovery thread

    Hi @Layla I’m doing really well .....thanks so much for asking ! 3mth follow up appointment with surgeon was rescheduled slightly earlier - all restrictions removed....first thing I did when I got home was throw the ugly toilet seat raiser in the bin ! Back to gym classes next day - have done...
  3. KarenKat

    THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

    Wishing you the very best for tomorrow.....so hope your second recovery goes as well as your first and your new pain free life starts very soon xx
  4. KarenKat

    THR KarenKats recovery thread

    Hi @Layla , I’m doing really well at 8 weeks post op today.....many thanks for asking ! .....and yes I met 6 week target of walking unassisted (I stopped using aids at just over 4 weeks ) physio discharged me at that 3rd appointment to ‘self manage’ - at 4 weeks I also decided to get some...
  5. KarenKat

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    Can’t believe how appallingly you’ve been treated, your surgeons arrogance is breathtaking....do hope you make an official complaint when you’re in a better place, he can’t be allowed to behave like the bully that he is. I’m not sure if you’re aware, but as a NHS patient you can choose your own...
  6. KarenKat

    THR Newbie

    I found this site around a month before op, and like yourself spent time everyday checking out the stories of others ....I learned so much ( I was given very minimal info at my pre op appointment) which really helped with pre op anxiety. My friend, a physiotherapist recommended a bath transfer...
  7. KarenKat

    THR Newbie

    Hi & welcome to this fabulous forum.....you’ll find loads of useful information here, and lots of lovely,friendly people to help you out. I luckily fell upon the site about a month prior to my op on 10th September and found it invaluable - read peoples threads & ask lots of questions, none are...
  8. KarenKat

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    So many set backs & still managing to see the positives ......can’t imagine how I’d cope given what you’re going through - I wish you all the very best & hopefully the start of a pain free life in the very near future. I chose my own surgeon ( 20 years of experience & 300ish knee & hip ops...
  9. KarenKat

    THR KarenKats recovery thread

    Hi @Layla , I’m doing really well thanks - I hope you and all other forum users are in good health Not a lot to report other than I’m making steady progress on a day to day basis - swelling and stiffness in knee getting better, and am now able to bend that knee sufficiently high to go up & down...
  10. KarenKat

    THR Over the first hill...ready for the rest

    So pleased you’ve had a better day, hopefully there will be many more in quick succession-Take care x
  11. KarenKat

    THR KarenKats recovery thread

    Hi @midouri, thanks for your message....I wouldn’t say I was flying it, more plodding along & taking each day as it comes! I think you’re being really hard on yourself, you’re not lazy at all......as long as you walk around every hour for around 5 mins to keep blood moving in the first couple of...
  12. KarenKat

    THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

    I’m really sorry to read of your second cancellation, must be devastating after all the build up....I hope your new date will be along very soon & wish you all the best in the meantime -hugs x
  13. KarenKat

    THR KarenKats recovery thread

    Hello lovely peeps, Thought I’d provide a little update as now starting day 18 (Saturday) of recovery journey.After discontinuing meds on day 8 ( I still take Paracetamol occasionally ) I have felt so much better - unrelenting nausea & horrible constipation now a thing of the past & appetite...
  14. KarenKat

    Revision THR One year later and still pain in groin

    So pleased you managed to make the wedding despite your unrelenting pain.... have just caught up with your thread & really do think you are amazing - I wish you the very best for the future xx
  15. KarenKat

    THR KarenKats recovery thread

    Hello & well wishes to all you lovely people, 2 weeks post op today...sorry haven’t posted for a while as shortly after my last update severe nausea hit, along dry mouth, headache, shakiness etc....anti-sickness meds from my GP did little to help.On day 8 I decided to stop codeine ( I’d refused...
Back
Top Bottom