Recent content by karena71

  1. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    Pretty sure I over did it yesterday. Went mall shopping and stood in a line for 20 minutes. Then I went and did large grocery shopping trip right after the mall. I have no energy or ambitions today but my mind is telling me that I have so much to do. It really is hard to find the right balance...
  2. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    BTW....should I still be experiencing tiredness off and on this far after surgery? Thought that was getting better but has struck again this past week and a half.
  3. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    This girl is officially done with PT! Last night I was able to bend to 102 and straighten to 3. Was pedaling both forward and backward on the exercise bike also! :egypdance::happydance::yes!:
  4. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    @thecoll Hey! Congrats on getting back to work!! I've been back for a month now and I have to say that just last week was when the extreme tiredness started to go away. I hadn't even realized that until you asked and I had to think about it! My PT guy has not measured my ROM since that day...
  5. karena71

    TKR 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <

    I am at 11 weeks tomorrow. I just hit the 92 ROM mark last week. They also told me I was to be at 90 when I had my staples removed at 2 weeks. Everyone heals differently. It takes time. I was very frustrated like you are. Just don't over do it and ice it a lot! No worries...it will come...
  6. karena71

    TKR On the other side of surgery

    You sound just like me! Impatient. Gets frustrating at times. I guess I just wasn't prepared for how long recovery takes. I force myself to go just one day at a time. One day we will both say how glad we are that we did it!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    @thecoll - yes, if I sit too long I still have the stiffness. I have pain on inside of knee and the tightness. I'm still taking pain meds during work. If I over do it my ankle does swell. I've been forcing myself to go easy. I'm afraid I'm not a very good patient. LOL Sent from my iPhone...
  8. karena71

    Knee Brace question!

    When Dr gave me a prescription for a knee brace I went to an Orthotics place that did braces. Not a drug store. The orthotics place fitted me with an unloader brace. It was just over $1000 that went thru insurance which is why I needed the prescription. I think your Dr. meant a different...
  9. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    Yesterday was a GREAT day! Got my knee to bend to 92 at PT finally! Extension is at 4. I'm getting there though. And my Cubs won the World Series! I've been a life long Cubs fan thru good and mostly bad. LOL My nickname as a kid was Cubby. I'll be getting a tattoo soon. Always said when...
  10. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    Thanks everyone for your responses. I just don't have the patience for this. And to think at some point I'll have to go thru it all over again with my right knee. :bawl:
  11. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    How long did the tiredness last for all of you? I've been so sleepy lately and wonder if it's still from recovery. thanks, Karen
  12. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    @Celle-makes sense. I'll ask if he tries it again. Thx!!!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    @Celle - it was the suction cups that pulled and tugged. It really didn't hurt bad at all.
  14. karena71

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    LOL...I colored too. :yes:
  15. karena71

    TKR Karena71's recovery....

    @newlybionic - PT guy said that it is supposed to increase blood flow and bring oxygen to the area to promote healing for injuries. Not sure if it actually works or not but my knee did feel better when I left. Probably from him pulling and tugging at the scar tissue. Not sure if they really...
Back
Top Bottom