Recent content by Kare2dare

  1. K

    Bilateral TKR just throwin it out there<'

    @dennyside I had/have nerve pain in my shins. It used to be my whole calves and ankles, drove me nuts! My doctor prescribed Gabapentin which has really helped! You should ask your OS as I could take this with my pain meds. As far as your sig. other goes- some people don't do well with "sick"...
  2. K

    Bilateral TKR So very happy!!

    Hi Dianna! I had BTKR on June 29th, so just a couple of months ahead of you. I know exactly what you are saying! I remember going for my "walk" down to my mailbox and saying, " hmm, I think I can go to the end of the street" only to get there and realizing- I have to get back now and the knees...
  3. K

    Bilateral TKR just throwin it out there<'

    I'm just a few weeks ahead of you and I'm so glad that you are here and getting some real advice from people who have been there and done that. Unfortunately, for me, weeks 3-6 were the worst! So, I don't have a lot of advice except to say- hang in there! It gets better! And especially, you are...
  4. K

    Bilateral TKR Luanne's Recovery/Surgery Thread<

    You are doing great! Your new knees are just settling in to their new home and will take their own sweet time! I'm 6 weeks out from btkr and know exactly how you feel! I find myself wanting to rush things along and get back to doing everything I was doing before. Stop! Deep breath! Relax! This...
  5. K

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    Yes, on my feet ( cement) lots of stairs and ladders and carrying tools so everyone, doctor, PT, and husband are all on board with me waiting! My biggest concern at this point is just my energy level. Seems that I am good for 2-4 hours but then I need a nap, elevate, ice. I think if I could just...
  6. K

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    So here I am six week check up and all is well! Dr is very pleased with my right knee and would like to see a little more progress with the left ( still at 90,0). She would like to put me on gabapentin for the nerve pain in my shins. It keeps me up at night. Other than that, I'm walking every...
  7. K

    Bilateral TKR I can do it!

    I love your thread "I can do it!" You can do it and just take care of yourself and listen to your knees as they are in the drivers seat. :ice:
  8. K

    Bilateral TKR Chattalyn-6 months-still use cane for gait

    Best to you! You'll do great!:flwrysmile:
  9. K

    Upcoming bilateral total knee replacement

    @dogluvr best to you tomorrow! I had a lot of the same thoughts before my surgery but you will find that your knees will still be your knees and you will be amazed at how strong they are and how the time will fly. It's been 5 weeks since my surgery and I can already say that my knees are better...
  10. K

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    So sorry nensi! Hope you feel better. Take it easy
  11. K

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    Thanks everyone! Your encouragement has meant so much to me!
  12. K

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    Week#4! One whole month! I had PT this morning and had my first official ROM measurement left (93,0) and right (102, 0) . Still taking Vicodin at night and still having issues sleeping ( no side sleeping yet). Just using my cane now when I'm out and about but pretty much on my own around the...
  13. K

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    @MCS1267 thanks for your encouraging story! It keeps me positive and moving forward!
  14. K

    Bilateral TKR Made it to the other side

    Lol. The other day I was at PT and in the waiting room a lady commented on my incisions and asked how long between the two surgeries- When I told her only one surgery, she couldn't believe that anyone would go through that. What was I supposed to say? Should I have to go into my reasons? I just...
  15. K

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    @nensi you are doing awesome! The worse thing you could do now is over do! If we have learned anything from the bonesmarties is that this is a long road and we have just begun! not even a month in and look at all you are doing! Healing takes time and energy so focus on all these great things...
Back
Top Bottom