Recent content by Jude2

  1. Jude2

    Jude's 2nd TKR, Saint Paddy's Day

    All systems go after my last blood-clotting draw today and re- meeting the anesthesiologist who did my first TKR. I am in good hands. Best of luck to all of you having surgery in March.
  2. Jude2

    Dental Procedures Question

    Just did this myself. Hated to lie about it but I am allergic to all the recommended meds anyway so didn't want to risk unnecessary side effects.
  3. Jude2

    Final prep before BTKR's

    It's finally your turn! Best of luck to you! I did PT for 8 weeks and then signed up for another 8. Was very lucky to have a terrific team nearby who really became part of my family practically. I will be going back after my 2nd TKR next Monday and it will be great to work on both bionic...
  4. Jude2

    Jude's 2nd TKR, Saint Paddy's Day

    Finished my pre-op yesterday. It is soooo much easier the second time around. Almost zero stress. Enjoyed my chat with my OS and even learned new things about the dire straits my first knee was in. Seems that my knee wouldn't even bend in the OR, so that explains my longer than expected...
  5. Jude2

    Finally! Pre-op approval received! RTKR March 17

    I am having my second TKR on the same day. My maiden (what an archaic word) name was Murphy so I feel safe on that day. I am pro CPM and felt it helped with my getting great flexion and extension numbers quickly, but who knows. And somehow the movement distracted me from pain. I wish you...
  6. Jude2

    Jude's 2nd TKR, Saint Paddy's Day

    Hi Smarties! I am just setting up my post-op thread to let you know how it goes for me this time around. I had my RTKR on September 23, 2013 so will be almost six months out. I had the usual struggles with the first knee plus a blood transfusion and a fall the first day home (my fault) but...
  7. Jude2

    Kneeper will do it again

    Don't get me wrong--I can be satisfied with 115 but of course it would be nice to have a bit more. By the time I had my RTKR in September, 2013, I could barely walk and my ROM was in the 70's. It is now around 130 and got there pretty fast with diligent PT. I am up to do my left knee next month.
  8. Jude2

    Bilateral TKR I know this gets better, right?

    My heartfelt condolences, was shocked to read of your husband's death so suddenly as he had been right there for you in your tough recovery. Wishing you the very best in such a sad time.
  9. Jude2

    2014 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    I am 3 months + post RTKR and am scheduled for my LTKR on March 17. My OS said he's serving green beer in honor of Saint Paddy's Day. My right knee is doing great, went up a stone path today barefoot to retrieve my wandering puppy and was astounded how good it felt to do that.
  10. Jude2

    TKR Sooooo happy to be on the other side! - Jude

    JUDE'S JOURNEY: RLS and BPPV - It's about 10 weeks since my RTKR and today my knee felt it's best yet after a couple of weeks of feeling like little progress was going....am sure it was behind the scenes. Or maybe it's because I had a 5-day break from PT. Problems now are a recurrence of BPPV...
  11. Jude2

    TKR Sooooo happy to be on the other side! - Jude

    JUDE'S JOURNEY: Had my 8 week check-up with OS and he was super pleased. Only real issue besides continuing pain, especially getting up from a seated position, is my hypertrophic/keloid scar, which I intend to treat with a silicone scar treatment. I signed up for another round of PT to...
  12. Jude2

    Nervous like so many....question about PT

    The one thing I wish I had invested in was a wedge cushion as it would have been easier than piling up bed pillows, but I will definitely get one ahead of having the left knee done. Did I actually say that???:blush: Hi Mazza...I loved the Lounge Doctor wedge recommended here and even slept...
  13. Jude2

    TKR Sooooo happy to be on the other side! - Jude

    JUDE'S JOURNEY...don't know how to change my title to this one, help appreciated! I sure don't have anything dramatic to share. I am 7 weeks post and doing well. Plusses: haven't regained any of the 17 pounds I lost; extension is usually at zero with an occasional slide back to -2; flexion...
  14. Jude2

    TKR Sooooo happy to be on the other side! - Jude

    Subject change...could one of you delightful admins change my thread title to Jude's Journey?
  15. Jude2

    TKR Sooooo happy to be on the other side! - Jude

    Had outpatient PT yesterday for first time. Was a little late getting started because of early complications and home health stuck around longer. I am going to a 2-therapist independent place which I loved. No crowding, personal attention and their philosophy of treatment completely jibes with...
Back
Top Bottom