Recent content by Josie1054

  1. Josie1054

    TKR Hello and thanks

    Hi all, popped back in to see updates. Time passing quickly despite virus concerns but fortunately staying healthy. My knee seems to be doing well. Have a question for those of you at similar stages of recovery. I continue to do recumbent bike and slowly advancing seat for flexion, weekly...
  2. Josie1054

    Knee Infection* Revision

    @valgriff2 : those “blues” seem to arrive when you least expect. I try to find a distraction or come here, or sometimes the tears just flow. It’s now been 8 weeks for me, that seems like a very long time, but am seeing for this surgery, it’s really not. Maybe you can look back to day one and...
  3. Josie1054

    Knee Infection* Revision

    Yes! Until the last two weeks, could not sit long on a hard chair. Those hard pews in church are terrible, I have to put my hand under my thigh to keep the edge from aggravating the area. Didn’t expect that.
  4. Josie1054

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    @steverup - you seem like you’re the model patient! Always positive attitude. Happy you’re doing so well!
  5. Josie1054

    TKR Hello and thanks

    Today marks 8 weeks since surgery. What a rough ride but very happy with the progress. I may be impatient but still don’t have the tolerance/stamina I thought I would. Knee gets sore (burning sensation) after spending a few hours shopping/walking. Guess this is to be expected? Others experience...
  6. Josie1054

    TKR Hello. New to group.

    Hey there Shelet: glad you showed up! First off, you are NOT a wimp! We all hear about the lengthy recovery, the pain, frustration, etc etc., but I think many of us (I’ll admit) go into this thinking “I‘ll recover faster than that. I can tolerate that pain.” Wrong! Happy to meet another RN...
  7. Josie1054

    TKR Peaches0000 Recovery Thread

    Wow, that’s just not fair to you. I’m going out on a limb here, are you unable to extend your time off work to recover from your surgery? I’d have to have a chat with my surgeon. Also, would it relieve your mind to push back the next surgery? Not sure you’ll be physically and emotionally ready...
  8. Josie1054

    TKR Feel so alone

    Hi there Flash, first off, you are NOT alone here. This is a tough surgery to get over, lots of hard work, determination and many tears. It’ll be worth it down the road, that’s why we have all gone through this. You already know your priorities at this point: rest, elevation, ice, pain control...
  9. Josie1054

    TKR 6 weeks after TKR

    I am reading all the above in amazement. I am absolutely going through all the same. I want to do more but suffer the next day. I‘m attempting to be out for longer periods, shopping, walking with dogs, a bit of gardening BUT very early this morning (0400) I woke up with the knee screaming and a...
  10. Josie1054

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Am so glad you found this blog. I have learned so much and felt supported by and cared for, those who have had a similar surgery. I too had a L TKR, on Jan. 22. I am almost 7 weeks out and feel so much better, physically and mentally. Be prepared, these first few weeks are tough and draining. I...
  11. Josie1054

    TKR Post op ROM

    @markbet You may want to try gentle hamstring stretches, stop before it gets too uncomfortable. Lie on your back with leg extended up, toes pointed upward and slowly move towards your head. Don’t forget to tighten knee and quads for a straight leg. Stretch slowly and gently. It helped me. Hope...
  12. Josie1054

    TKR Hello and thanks

    @Sara61 the “squats” are not done in a standing position, you’re semi-reclining and pushing on a large plate with both feet (they call them air squats. Weight was only 10 lbs. Just meant for gently strengthening quads postop. Went for my 6 wk checkup yesterday and Doc was pleased with progress...
  13. Josie1054

    TKR 10 Weeks 3 days PostOp

    @suomi48 Poor thing, you sound miserable. Lots of stress and pain and on the verge of having the other knee done. Based on not getting enough rest at night are you able to move to another bedroom where you can spread out and enjoy quiet? After my first two nights at home I had a similar...
  14. Josie1054

    TKR Three weeks on

    @Jonboy24 i’m now six weeks out and had a minor incident with my IT band (Ilial-tibial band) being tight. My therapist spent some time on deep massage and within 24 hrs was resolved. The area of inflammation is a ligament stretching from your ilium (hip) to your tibia (small bone in lower leg)...
  15. Josie1054

    TKR My new knee

    Moon dove: as mentioned above just be kind to yourself and do exercises, slowly and gently and the most important thing is keeping up with pain meds, elevation and icing. It will all come together. I’m at six weeks and feeling pretty good. As for the tears, I think we’ve all been there, I...
Back
Top Bottom