Recent content by jojouk1983

  1. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi Barbara, I took 3 Tramadol and it knocked me out, I slept from 11am until 3pm! Unfortunatley the groin pain is still there regardless of what i take, the GP called me earlier and has written me up a perscription of Naproxin to take with the Tramadol and has suggested i get in touch with...
  2. jojouk1983

    THR IT Band Damage (a Mess)

    Hi Jam, I have just turned 30 (last sat in fact) and had my THR 4 weeks ago yesterday. I have been fighting for about 10 years (maybe more) to get one, I don't think I could have gone on much more without having it done it was in a terrible state, mine was due to an accident i had when i was...
  3. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi, i have tried to up my activities because im now 4 weeks post op but due to the pain im back to doing not a lot again. ive not reduced my meds but im going to up them slightly to see if it helps. Josephine is on the case and im waiting for her reply :) x
  4. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi yes i did have groin pain prior to surgery but nothing like this, its gone from being an annoying pain to being unbearabe that i dont want to move, when im still no pain when i move seering pain deep in my groin. I dont have access to email my DR, ive called the GP surgery and they are going...
  5. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi, ok im at the Lap top so I can answer your questions. Yes, ive had groin pain a lot since the op but nothing like this, it is now unbearable :( ok, Medication im on 100 Tramadol, 400 Ibruphen (cant spell it), Apixiban (twice a day) and Amitriptyline 30mg at night for the Nerve pain in my...
  6. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi sorry, I only had my phone last night and couldnt find the other post, ill reply when I can get back on the lap top xx
  7. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    28 days post op and I've got severe groin pain - should I get it checked out? It's worse than ever especially when walking or moving. Jo x
  8. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi Guys, thanks for responding its comforting to know im not alone, ive just got to stick it out. im glad it is common to have the groin pain after im not so worried now! xx
  9. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi Guys, The pain I am getting is in my groin, is this usual? as before no pain when sitting, just when walking, getting up, sitting down, moving in bed etc. Am I right in thinking im not going to get pain from the hip implant because its not mine so it must be muscle pain? It doesnt feel like...
  10. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi Ally, What sort of things do you do in the day? Hows your walking at the moment, have you tried walking in your home without anything? Loads of questions lol. I do like to hear how everyone is doing in their recovery, can you believe its been 3 weeks allready!! Im just about to post about...
  11. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Thanks :) Dr just gave me more Tramadol and said i should stick with it. 3 weeks tomorrow, its flown by realy, 3 weeks till appointment with the clinic. xx
  12. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Hi Susan, Im booking in with the GP in the morning. Regarding the surgery they removed a piece of bone and had to cut through the old scar tissue so not a normal THR, I had thought due to my age id be up and about in no time but its deff not the case. I too had bruises which must have been...
  13. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Thanks Barbara, im going to book in with GP tomorrow im not sure the meds im on are working for me so hoping they can help me. I certainly dont think ill be able to hang up the crutches on Tuesday which is the 3 week mark I shall just keep going with them. The kids are great keeping my paths...
  14. jojouk1983

    THR I made it. At last!

    Thanks Ann, That does put my mind at rest, im going to book in with the GP first thing in the morning. I had thought that becaus i was young id be up and about in no time but it seems my body has other ideas! I am taking things easy and everyone is rallying round to help. I do wish i could...
Back
Top Bottom