Recent content by joek

  1. joek

    TKR Got it done

    I agree sure I’ll have to break out the ice packs again and nurse it some after I get done .
  2. joek

    TKR Got it done

    After going through this knee replacement journey for 14 weeks it's time for me to start work again Monday. I drive transit bus. Each day has gotten better my ROM is between 125-128 able to walk for a distant now so all in all very happy I got this done sooner rather than later as I'm retiring...
  3. joek

    TKR Got it done

    I know it will in time and thank you for your advice
  4. joek

    TKR Got it done

    I didn't set anymore appointments for next week in the mean time I'm going to do ice and Tylenol. Just very frustrated about all this I guess with what seems like one step forward and three steps back at times plus winter blues as well.Thankful for this site and for allowing me to vent.
  5. joek

    TKR Got it done

    . Im going to take off from pt for week to let it calm down been using ice and also let my doctor know what was going on with it as well should hear back from her next week .Even though there not pushing me it still must be to much
  6. joek

    TKR Got it done

    No I meant to say I’m sorry that I didn’t respond to your question as to weather I would answer them So very sorry for the confusion on my part Josephine
  7. joek

    TKR Got it done

    Just a update and so sorry Josephine as failed to answer your questions as I failed to see your last post. I went to my 6 week follow up on the 13 of December the xrays showed it all looked good also started pt a week before that my ROM was at 110 now at 116. They have been real good as far as...
  8. joek

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    I’m 6 weeks post op and I can’t straighten mine as well .I asked my therapist about that and he said it’s because of the swelling and also my quad muscles are still weak but once the swelling goes down and strengthening of the muscles it will come around....Hope this gives you a little insight...
  9. joek

    TKR Got it done

    Thank you for putting my mind at ease I’m going to take it easy for the rest of the weekend and follow the ice and rest guidelines ...Again thanks for your help
  10. joek

    TKR Got it done

    Yes I was thinking the same thing as far as going up stairs that way as that's when it seem to have started I'm going to cut back on the stairs and exercises for the rest of the weekend if it doesn't feel better next week ill get into the doctors office ...Just hope I didn't mess things up in...
  11. joek

    TKR Got it done

    Not sure if this is a setback everything has been going good with the knee as far as getting around the house been doing some exercises daily heel slides about 15 -30 a day about 10 leg lifts I use my walker and walk around my house about 5 times daily area nothing crazy also I go upstairs...
  12. joek

    TKR Dealing with RLS after TKR<

    I feel your pain I've tried different treatments but have been having good luck with 1200 gabapentin and .075 of the Mirapex about 2 hrs before bedtime stuff knocks you out but it does work but if I have any type of sweets at night I pay for it …..your rom looks great looking forward to the day...
  13. joek

    TKR Dealing with RLS after TKR<

    Did you have rls before your replacement? I to have severe rls had it for years and it’s hard to find the right treatment for it after many trials for different drugs my doctor finally found that gabapentin and mirapex works for me also I found that sugar and sweets will trigger it
  14. joek

    TKR Got it done

    Went to my first two week follow up today she was very happy with my progress my rom was at 90 and said to keep doing what I'm doing I'm just doing light exercises walking around my house and going up my stairs a few time a day Also she said it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to pt but she left...
  15. joek

    TKR A new knee for me!

    I had mine done Oct 31 what I thought was going to be a partial turned into a full replacement. Its easy to overdo it then the next day your knee tells you that wasn't a good idea but it does remind you that this is something that is going to take time to heal but it will be worth it and like...
Back
Top Bottom