Recent content by jjillek

  1. jjillek

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    Oh Nannharwood, I am so very sorry to hear of your situation and continuing pain. My RTKR was 5 1/2 months ago and I have followed BoneSmart suggestions all the way. Frankly, I am unable to imagine my recovery without frequent reference to the library and forum! Now, that said...those that...
  2. jjillek

    When will I be able to clean my house after TKR ?

    I will be at 3 weeks tomorrow. The ice storm has changed some of my plans as well as eliminated household help. Remembering my earlier post about the little Bissell vacuum, I decided that if I could walk (yes) I could touch up with shifters & little vac. Success!!! Easy job and dust and cat...
  3. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    I am delighted that you are shopping and enjoying life ! Oh no, I am not out walking on ice! It is so beautiful, but I realize how treacherous it could be for me. My neighbors and family have been absolutely marvelous and this home is stuffed...I could live here for a long time without...
  4. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    Thank you for your post! I am following you...surgery was November 19. I have had a couple of "Bumps in the road", but there is no question in my mind that the MIS Quad sparing surgery is worth every effort that we have made. The health care professionals in this area have never seen this...
  5. jjillek

    Looking forward to spring!

    In Huntsville Al! Doing well. First time up and in chair. Life is good!
  6. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    I am thankful that you feel better! I agree, I don't think I could go through this without BoneSmart friends and information. I would be absolutely terrified without the knowledge and confidence that I have gained here. My daughter and I are preparing for the trip tomorrow. I do not have...
  7. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    During the spring of '13 I had some minor knee issues. If it hurt, I would rest it a few minutes and it would be fine. Then came the day that I was In a position when it hurt and I did not stop. Two months of rest, ice, elevation followed...then cortizone, celebrex and rooster comb...when I...
  8. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    I am so very sorry! You have been doing so well! I understand that it is sometimes difficult to ignore "professional" advice! We are so programmed to "work hard"! I hope you recover quickly! I am preparing for the trip and cooking for Thanksgiving ...plan to freeze dressing and casseroles...
  9. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    Thank you! Tuesday is the the day... I am going to Huntsville, AL for the same type surgery. I am so delighted that you are experiencing a rapid recovery! Please continue to post!
  10. jjillek

    Looking forward to spring!

    I have been reading on this site for quite a while, and my plan is to have MIS quad sparing surgery next week. I am healthy and active and frankly, I plan to follow the BoneSmart suggestions very closely. Many describe overusing their new joints and then suffering....moderation!! Thank...
  11. jjillek

    3 Weeks Out.....starting to come undone

    Now that is funny!!!!
  12. jjillek

    Looking forward to spring!

    I am looking forward to all the activities that I will enjoy participating in next spring, and will be so thankful when surgery is over and I am able to return to my home. November 19 is the big date!
  13. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    Thank you for your notes! I am so thankful that you are doing well! I am doing those last details to prepare for surgery and the trip.
  14. jjillek

    TKR Does it make any difference by using quad sparing TKR procedure

    Oh my, thank you very much! I truly appreciate the information! I hope you are doing well, and yes, I will post my progress. I am preparing my home for the recovery period and really looking forward to returning after surgery. The weather is so beautiful and the leaves are turning, I love...
Back
Top Bottom