Recent content by Jewlz1

  1. Jewlz1

    TKR 36 hours sleep since Aug. 9th

    Hi @Kraken - how are you feeling today? I had staples too and then the butterfly bandages that fluff up and look like butterfly wings after a while-a little whimsical. But what you've been experiencing sure isn't. Has your rash improved after stopping the methotrexate?
  2. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    Our family trip to DC has been cancelled due to Covid. Me, my daughter and her 2 kids-my grands, 7&9 were going to leave on 8/31. Because both kids aren't vaccinated, actually not eligible to be, she didn't want to take the risk and quite frankly, neither did I. I have to say I realized...
  3. Jewlz1

    TKR LTKR on June 23

    Excellent work on the recumbent!
  4. Jewlz1

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Hello RubyWhitesocks! I'm anxious to hear how your surgery. Keep us updated when you can. Keeping positive thoughts for you!
  5. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    @Jamie Thank you for your kind words. I figured out what was causing the pain in the back of my knee. I was grabbing the back of my knee while stretching my lower back and piriformis muscle. I've figured out a way not to do that and the pain has improved. I am taking 2600mg of Arthritis Tylenol...
  6. Jewlz1

    Knee Infection* Entering and exiting a tub?

    Hey Steve, I was following your story last year and didn't realize you had an infection to deal with. As far as the tub...is there something you can hold onto to aid in getting out?
  7. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    Hello everyone! I've started noticing pain behind my knee that radiates around to my medial calf. I had RTKR on 6/9. I'm anxious about this for a couple of reasons-one being our family trip to DC starting 8/31 and second, it is around this time after my LTKR in 12/2019 that I had a major set...
  8. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    Thanks @Jamie !
  9. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    Jaycey-you've enlightened me! I have ice packs on the list, but didn't think about a walking pole or cane. I've graduated from a walker straight to unassisted with both of my surgeries, so it's a great idea! Thank you! We will actually have a home base and visiting family while there. But it...
  10. Jewlz1

    Bilateral TKR Update-Bilateral TKRs 2.5 years later

    I waited 18 months to have my 2nd TKR. The first one was the left in December 2019 right before COVID became newsworthy in the U.S. And then the right side was done on 6/9/2021. Things are moving along well.
  11. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    Update: I graduated from outpatient PT a couple of days ago-yay! My hip and back pain continues, mostly on the right side. Stretching continues to help. I was hoping to be able to get out and walk at a nearby park, but it's very hot in my part of the U.S. and I tend to sleep in past the cooler...
  12. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    @Jamie Hi! Thanks for the info on the One Step program. I do think I would benefit from this. How will I know when a new promotion is put in place? Thanks for your feedback on my pain as well. Part of my problem may be a shoddy mattress. I have ordered a nectar mattress that was rated the top...
  13. Jewlz1

    TKR Second knee replacement June 11, 2021

    Hey Freestyle! As far as driving goes - as long as you're not taking any substances that could impair your driving (which you already know), and you can lift your leg from gas to brake and back, and your reaction time is good, driving shouldn't be an issue. My first TKR was during the winter...
  14. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    Had my official 6 week post op visit that was really at the 5 week weak mark. ROM is good, I've been walking unassisted in the house, and for dr's and PT appointments since week 2. I'm pleased, dr is pleased with my progress. He wants me to continue PT at home 1x daily. The next time I see him...
  15. Jewlz1

    TKR Take Two

    Hi Sr. Pat-thanks for that advise on the grandkids and the info on when strengthening exercises should start. They are great kiddos-we hung out talking while doing some Lego building, watched a Sponge Bob Square Pants and my granddaughter prepared our marinara sauce for spaghetti and meatballs...
Back
Top Bottom