Hello All,
My last posting was in July of 2021 two months after my second knee replacement.
History: RTKR in May 2020 with a Conformis prosthesis
LTKR in May 2021 with a Stryker prosthesis
I would like to begin by saying how much I have appreciated Bone Smart and all who contribute.

But I also know that I had to stay away for awhile because of overwhelm reading the trials and tribulations so many go through. I found I didn't want to report difficulties but to be the one that healed and had successes.
I also didn't want my head going to the dark places of revisions and such and kept believing my TKRs would improve.
But I am finally giving in...they haven't.

I have had periods of improvement but my best weeks have been followed by my worst weeks.
To recap, with my first RTKR I went through 3 vigorous months of PT followed by a popliteal type tendonitis which finally healed after several months, than I had several weeks of normalcy of being able to walk every day 1-2 miles and stationary bike a little (no biggie) and then a tendonitis developed on the front and lateral side of my R knee 2 weeks before having a TKR for my Left knee.
Different surgeon, different prosthesis which I thought would keep me out of trouble.
Because I was still having trouble with my RTKR, my rehab for my LTKR was scaled way back. In fact, I did just a little PT and ADLs also going by the thinking that by doing so, I wouldn't have the same problems as the R where I feel I over did it with PT.
But the long and short of it is that after 2.5+years, I am quite disabled barely able to walk some days and at the very most, can only walk about .25 of a mile twice a week. Most of the time I am hobbling around the house and have a motorized scooter to tool around for outside "walks". Both legs act very much the same where the lateral aspect of the knees tightens up with a little walking and very little bending. I even have a plum sized thickened and swollen area on that area on my R. I have lost ROM with increasing tightness and stiffness but I am at least still about 110-115/0 in both legs. The tightness just worsens and aches the more I stand and walk. Reclining my legs and staying off them for a period of time (ice and ibuprofen used to help) eases things up until I resume any semblance of normal activity. For awhile I assumed I had ITBand syndrome and did therapy accordingly with isometric strengthening and progressive leg lifts and that regimen really helped for about 6 months. Overall, my two major relapses happened when I was up to walking 2 miles several times a week but also followed when I used more than 5 stairs. This was my wall that I have never gotten past.

When I f/u with my second surgeon at a 10 month visit, he said that I could be one of those 20% that just don't do well. And when i asked about scar tissue he said could be, but that there weren't good results with removing it.
I never thought I had the dreaded arthrofibrosis or that arthrofibrosis could be increasingly progressive with simple ADL's and minimal walking but I am starting to think that it is and that is my problem.

Because I have two different prostheses, had two different surgeons, and have very similar issues in both legs, I am left to thinking this is about me, not the surgeons or the parts.
But then again, I am aware of the many other issues that can arise after researching TKRs ad nauseum.
The bottom line is that this has been so crazy making and I can't help but admire those that had the courage to keep facing and working through their issues and taking the time to post and share their stories here on Bonesmart.
I update and share now not to be a downer but to say thank you as well as receive any insights and support... and lastly, to hopefully add to a basis of knowledge and understanding.
I am scheduled to see a new surgeon tomorrow who does revisions here in Asheville NC (Dr Karegeannes). He had me do a bone scan and lab work before seeing him and my bone scan was unremarkable and my C-Reactive protein and Sedrate were normal.
I hope as I continue to share my story, I will be able to relate some helpful insights to people as others have done for me, especially Stiff Knee from NC. Thank you all.