Recent content by Jellyfingers

  1. J

    TKR Struggling to Bend

    I dream of 90 degree bend! But I'm improving, probably at 75 and 5 weeks into recovery.....trying to be patient and Don't really have a choice as the pain is too much so exercising and chilling :)
  2. J

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    Great news @Rain Dancer. You give me hope! Have a physio session this morning and tomorrow evening, which gives structure to my recovery which I need :) but will try not to overdo it. Might try getting out of shorts this weekend, good tip re sensitivity.
  3. J

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    Hi @Rain Dancer I'm just a little low/frustrated. Onwards and upwards....just very slowly!
  4. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Thanks @Ma Dudd it's frustrating and my patience/mood is a little ragged :)
  5. J

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    Read your thread with interest, I've just arrived at 4 weeks post op and rom not great despite lots of excercise....but I love icing after!
  6. J

    TKR Mo ....tkr July 12, 2021

    I'm almost three weeks and have similar rom....not much I can do about it. Reckon on healing first but I do my exercises.
  7. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Thanks @Sisterpat and @Ma Dudd love getting feedback from you who have been through it. Noticed less swelling today after a rest day and lots more feeling around the knee...even caught a zinger or two. It sort of feels different if that makes sense. Terrified I won't get 90 degree bend as I love...
  8. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Thanks @kneeper I think you are right. Gave myself a rest on Sunday after doing too much Saturday and calf feels better, swelling down too and more feeling in the muscles around knee when I do the 2 crutch walk. I'll resume exercises today and see how it goes....might reread the bonesmart tips...
  9. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Is it normal for the calf muscle of my tkr knee to lock up. Stretching/walking cures it. Not sure if it is simply a side effect of all the excercise.
  10. J

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    Hope you've got to the root of the problem and things are looking up :)
  11. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    The big one is busy catching rabbits in the surrounding fields...the other one is just staring at me! Don't think they like hospital smells....they probably think I've been seen to by the vet, maybe they feel empathy but I doubt it:) thankfully hot cat food yesterday.
  12. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Well done @Sisterpat getting on the right side of two TKRs. Yes I'm in Ireland in West Wicklow. I look out over the Kildare plains when I climb the hill behind the house. Very different to the states or at least the east coast....only part I've experienced. (Without opening any political...
  13. J

    TKR Gingerbread's RTKR Recovery Marathon

    Hang in there @Gingerbread, hope you get some relief soon.
  14. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Thanks Jaycey, everything to hand and doing well. Same as everyone else, the sleeping isn't great partly because I'm peeing like s horse! Enjoying the peace and being able to concentrate on my recovery.
  15. J

    TKR Recovery thread in case I'm eaten by my cat.

    Day 12 and running low on cat food. Happy to be on the road to recovery. Hate compression stockings trying to bend knee. Home alone for a few days which is both challenging and rewarding. Went on single crutch yesterday for first time....needed free hand to carry dinner and delighted to succeed...
Back
Top Bottom