Recent content by jellybean

  1. jellybean

    THR Help, my leg feels longer.....

    I think you can.. Take me for example, I don't work but have 2 very young children. Feel great at 2 weeks out and think I did too much. As a result I am still suffering now on week 9. I believe if I'd have rested when I should have I would have been further up the recovery road by now.
  2. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    BTW ironing boards are very handy for placing camera on when you need to take a pic as the adjustable height is very helpful! There should be a tips section for how to take photos of your scar haha ;-)
  3. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Just took a photo and doesn't look purple at all :-\ I think maybe because I was feeling bruised and my tiredness I was seeing bruising that wasn't actually there... That's my guess because the ice and the arnica can't have sent it away that quick can they? Oopsy
  4. jellybean

    THR Beckylou's hip hip hooray May 20th

    Sounds like you are doing great! So nice to read a positive recovery story. Very encouraging. I love dancing with the kids too. We do it in the kitchen while I am cooking as usually I have the radio on. They love it ;-) They don't love my singing though haha
  5. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Josephine - what do you think? Can bruising caused by the op still be appearing 8 weeks later or is it caused by something else? I never had much bruising at the time or after. This bruising i have seems new but is very slight, just faint purple about a cm either side of the inscision. I've been...
  6. jellybean

    26 year old getting hip replacement

    Hi I am 29 and had my hip replaced in April. I did have a lot of pain but definitely loss of rom and a bad limp/ trendelenburg gait aswell. It came on quickly too, like last September I suddenly couldn't walk half as far as I used to and it was affecting my back causing huge pain in my back. I...
  7. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Hi again everyone. Have felt fine this weekend but am aching today and my scar seems to be bruised? it feels bruised and looks kinda patchy purple. Am quite worried, bruising shouldn't be still coming up at this late stage should it?
  8. jellybean

    THR Limping after 11 wks and Leg length difference

    Hello, I am 8 weeks out today and feel the same with leg length difference and limping. My gut feeling when given the lift for my shoe was that it would hinder and chance of my pelvis getting back to normal but the nurse assured me there was no chance of that now and my friend who is studying to...
  9. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Hi everyone. I'm beginning to feel bitter than I didn't get a consultant check up after the 6 weeks like I expected. I'm aching quite a lot ATM and not sleeping so good. I have almost run out of cocodamol though so I guess that might be why, as I have cut them right down to once a day. Will up...
  10. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Thanks guys, an hour and a half each way for a super short nurse check up that was less thorough than my own go check up last week. Oh well. She gave me a shoe lift for my leg length and said the consultant might wanna see me in October.
  11. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Hi everyone not posted for a few days.. My 6 week check up is tomorrow! Can't believe it's been 6 weeks!
  12. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Hi susie1411 yes sounds like we had our hips done in same week. I ams till using 2 crutches because when I tried one I got back pain down one side. Am still not doing much in way off house work or cooking etc, just odd walks out of the house or around a supermarket. Only get odd aches and pains...
  13. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    I just wanted to share something nice.. Took my girls to a sprinkler park yesterday, hubby dropped us off by the gate and it's prob about a 500m or so walk around a lake to the sprinkler park.. So I was walking with my crutches and a random man said "wow what a dedicated parent.. Fantastic...
  14. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    beckylou that sounds like a good idea, how old are your kids? If we hadn't moved house recently and I had better friends here I would be hinting at friends to invite girls for tea a couple of times a week. Not a big fan of hubby work right now for making us move when they knew I was due to have...
  15. jellybean

    THR here I am :-)

    Morning all (morning in my part of the world anyway lol) Was pretty achy last night after 2 taxi school runs and a tiny bit of tidying. I have help for all school runs today so I need to try and get some laundry out on the line. Its washed already overnight so after the kids have headed off with...
Back
Top Bottom