Recent content by Jcx

  1. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Layla, it's been 18 months since I had my revision not 6. @alex_mom yes I did enjoy my outing with the poles and will go out again. It did take a while to get into a rhythm. Looking forward to a couple of holidays before the weather changes. Take care jcx.
  2. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Layla , I did take my walking poles with me and walked at the coast. The terrain was flat and I walked quite a distance. The poles helped with my walking and my gait and I am going to go again in the near future. Taking it easy this weekend but doing a bit of gardening. My knee is still not...
  3. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @alex_mom , Your post was very interesting and everything you wrote makes sense. I'm a stubborn old darn and try not to use any aid. But if it helps my recovery I've giving everything a go and I mean everything. Going to the coast today and I'm going to take my walking poles. Weather here is...
  4. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @eaglemom , The cane advice is something that could work for me also. The surgeon advised that I should use Nordic walking poles on my long walks on a flat terrain. So one walking stick would probably help on shorter walks. My knee is stable it's just the uncomfortable feeling that I get in it...
  5. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Legseleven , It's been nearly 18 months since my revision and I see my surgeon in October. I will see what he says and a second opinion will be my next move. Take care jcx.
  6. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    Hi Layla, Thanks for asking enjoying the weather and staying cool. Back from holidays a few weeks ago in Tenerife and planning our next one. The knee has been giving me grief since I had the replacement and revision. Don't understand the surgeons prognosis of a poor anteriorly offset. Stopped...
  7. J

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    @Legseleven . This heat is not helping with anything. I hope your recovery is on track and you can see light at the end of the tunnel. Take care jcx.
  8. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @EalingGran Thanks I'm willing to try anything never tried pilates before. Take care jcx.
  9. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Toothfairy . I seen the consultant last month so another consultation on our NHS won't be until 5 months time. Not sure what just walking will do at the 16 month stage. I've tried cycling swimming and walking and have been going to the gym under the instruction of a physio for months. So...
  10. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Layla . Thanks for your kind words. I will never give up after five years I've invested too much time and effort into this knee replacement malarkey. Take care jcx.
  11. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    Just received a letter off my consultant after my last visit. He mentioned in his letter that I have a "poor anteriorly offset". At the consultation he never mentioned it. The way forward for me is to stop the gym and walk on level ground. He is going to see me in six months time. Not doing well...
  12. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @eaglemom ice and elevation helps but I'm willing to try anything. Thanks take care jcx.
  13. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    @Toothfairy I'm glad your knee has settled and your able to do what you need to do. My problem is the tight band feeling every other day. Hopefully in time it will ease off and I can put this knee malarkey behind me. Take care jcx.
  14. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    Thanks Sistersinhim & Jamie time is what I have to give my knee. Seen the surgeon yesterday and his advice was stop the physio at the gym. Get some walking poles and exercise that way. He also said it will take at least 18 months for my knee to feel better after the revision. I have to see him...
  15. J

    Revision TKR A New Day

    I've been on two holidays abroad since my last post trying to enjoy my retirement and get on with my life. Knee still not 100% but it doesn't stop me from taking on tasks. This week I have built a new fence in my front garden with help from my wife. Been on a long solo bike ride around my...
Back
Top Bottom